Seemingly random UGC item deletions are happening

Currently it seems like some sort of auto-moderation is sweeping through the UGC catalog and deleting longstanding categories within the layered clothes system.

It seems to be effecting items that cover larger portions of player bodies.

This seems to be a bug in the system, as it was specified that these sorts of items were permitted and it was to our choice which category we placed them in.

Later on new guidelines were announced clarifying some of these categories, BUT it was made clear this would not effect older items. The current items being deleted are many of these older items (9+ months old)

So something is obviously going wrong as the AI system being used to moderate is starting to false flag a lot of assets that it shouldn’t be.

Additionally, creators are receiving bans for these auto-moderation on items that fall within the guidelines set out by Roblox. This is impacting our ability to conduct business smoothly on the platform.

Expected behavior

The AI system being used to moderate should take into account guidelines we have been working under, and exceptions to new guidelines. The items being deleted currently should not be being effected by whatever is happening.

27 Likes

My layered clothing has been effected by this, I received a ban for “misuse of roblox systems” with no further explanation.

17 Likes

Yes, I have the same issue. I already tried contacting support because my item was randomly removed without a clear reason, while recolors of the same item are still online.

This item was created six months ago and followed the guidelines and rules. Hopefully, this is an easy fix and we will get some clarification.

Item in question:

6 Likes

I also attempted to contact support on the issue (as one of my items was deleted, while other colors remain), but was only fed 2 auto-replies saying the item was an “abuse of the roblox systems” and then told no further information could be given (with a standard auto-reply format).

Which makes me suspect these replies were also automated, so less than helpful in resolving the issue or offering any clarification.

Essentially it seems like the auto-moderation and auto-support are going rogue and could use some staff intervention to pull it back in within expected behaviour.

10 Likes

Thank you for your report. We are looking into it. Could you please provide asset ids that you suspect are being moderated for this reason. Following up on 15616488758

6 Likes

Few of my friends items have gotten deleted. Seems like items that are deemed as too large have gotten deleted.

4 Likes

I am experiencing the same issue, One of my Layered clothing got deleted in the same wave with the same message. The ID is 15984354979. The LC does not violate any Terms of Service. I have tried appealing but I always receive the same AI reply.

Further more, In the same ticket, they said “Your UGC item got moderated under Misusing Roblox Systems as it is not visible on the Avatar, which violates our community standards and is inappropriate for the platform.”
Which Is false, It is a layered clothing of a gorilla costume and covers the character.

Ticket appealing regarding layered clothing has been broken for the longest. Please look into this !

4 Likes

17686846595 is the ID for my item that was effected by this deletion wave.

2 Likes

Having the same issue, I assumed my lc was just caught in the crossfire but I guess it was Roblox auto moderations 99% detection rate of deleting regular items lol.

3 Likes

Hello I am also experiencing the same issue, 2 of my layered clothing got deleted in the same wave with the same message. This is item one 17407422932 and this is item 2 17208583256.

4 Likes

I also got the same response for an layerd clothing I made that’s not a full suit but only covers the lower part of the charachter… this happend like a week ago

4 Likes

For me this skin suit

And another one I’m reporting for a friend

Thank you for looking into the problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also having this issue, one of my layered clothing accessories recently got deleted for seemingly no reason. ID 17195111505, thank you for looking into the problem!

My affected IDs are 14046314504 and 14595681929. However, I did get responses back from Roblox Support appeals stating they would be restored within 3 business days.

Hello,
Sorry I am a bit late but I forgot to add this item ID 15958112739
This item was also removed in the same time frame and is also not being restored while other items are.

Hello, I am still having issues with this item ID 15958112739.
It was also deleted like all other items at the same time so I suspect it was also moderated for that reason

The item you are appealing is unsuitable for the platform as it goes against our [Community Standards],

I was a bit late to address this ID in this forum, but it seems moderation of Layered Clothing is a bit broken. Every time an item gets removed, it’s almost impossible to get it restored. It always says one of two things:

1. System as it is not visible on the Avatar.
  2. Misusing Roblox System as it makes the Avatar legs (or part of the body) invisible after applying it.

The problem is that this always happens when you make layered clothing. If I make pants that fully cover the legs, then the legs underneath the Avatar disappear. The same thing happens with the arms, body, and everything else. This is because that’s how Roblox made layered clothing.

So now, it seems it’s almost impossible to get your item back, even if there is nothing wrong with the item.

My Friend is also experiencing this issue but instead it is some user called flamesky32 sending false DMCA’s. My friend is on the brink of deletion after multiple tickets were sent by that user claiming to own the mesh. Pretty sure he had to archive most his items to prevent it. Hope ur issue is resolved.

I assume Roblox Support kept declining the appeals on the items?

Hello, A good friend of mine got 1 item removed at the same time and the other one removed a bit later. I have checked his items and there are no problems with the item as I can see.

The reason they gave him was:
System as it makes the Avatar legs invisible after applying on it, which violates our community standards and is inappropriate for the platform.

But when I checked these 2 items of him the model was fully round the leg part and the same goes for the inner cage. so there should not be any reason for those 2 items to get deleted.

The 2 items that got removed around the same time:

I made a Forum post about roblox moderation for layerd clothing. hope you can take a look at it Moderated items in layered clothing is impossible to get restored

This indeed, at least for layered clothing items. I made a forum post about it.