Select different angles for your model image preview

As a developer, everytime I try to upload a model, ROBLOX would have a preview set for that model and how it would be uploaded.

However, I’ve ran into a lot of issues where my account would be warned for the very image that ROBLOX decided to use for the model. Just recently, I uploaded 2 humanoid rigs where one of them is holding a lightsaber. I uploaded it as a model and within minutes my account was warned for “inappropriate” content. ROBLOX’ image preview angled it so the lightsaber sticking out of the hand was angled awkwardly enough next to my other humanoid to look inappropriate. As you can see in the preview above. At the time I uploaded the model I thought nothing of it because it’s just 2 rigs standing next to each other holding a lightsaber.
bandicam 2020-03-16 20-21-20-528 bandicam 2020-03-16 20-25-53-575

I tried to email ROBLOX support about how this warning was a mistake and that the model itself was clean and that ROBLOX’ image previewer chose an angle that got me warned. Even going as far as recording tons of clips and screenshots. But they did nothing about it (still trying to get them to see it was a mistake on the image preview’s part). And although it’s just a warning, I’ve seen other people get moderated with far worse consequences because of similar scenarios. Not only that but if the warnings stack up it just looks worse on your record if you’re an avid model uploader.

All I’m proposing is the ability to select between different angles (left right, top, bottom, front, and back) for your model or at least a “disable image” option if you want no images to pop up for your model. It’s just something I’ve noticed become increasingly more difficult to work with in-terms of models that I’ve nearly stopped using the “upload as model” feature.

8 Likes

Personally even being able to control the camera in that preview sector would be nice - even more control!

Unbelievable that this feature has been restricted to the “ThumbnailCamera” object required for this to work.

3 Likes

Not only that but the amount of people I know that have been warned/moderated because of the thumbnail that we don’t have any control over is absurd. And the flexibility of customer service to revoke the moderation just leaves us stuck with zero options. I had to come here because the customer service just kept copy pasting the same responses and didn’t want to help me at all. I felt betrayed really. So the least I can do is at least post a feature request and hope this issue is fixed so that no one else gets moderated.

2 Likes