Select Next Occurrence (Ctrl + D) should have Match Case and Match Whole Word options

Since the introduction of multi-cursor in Studio (which has significantly improved my workflow), a constant annoyance I’ve experienced is the Select Next Occurrence feature selecting things that I do not want to select, making the feature unusable in certain situations.

This behavior is especially frustrating since having your cursor over a variable will automatically highlight other occurrences of that variable in the code with both case sensitivity and whole word matching, but Select Next Occurrence matches with neither.

There should be options to select next occurrence with Match Case and/or Match Whole Word filters, as there is with Find and Replace and as seen in other IDEs such as VSCode.

Below are two example videos of me trying to rename two variables in the same snippet of the code, the first in Studio and the second in VSCode. As you can see, Select Next Occurrence is rendered useless in Studio, and in fact wastes time, while doing the same task in VSCode takes only a few keystrokes.

1 Like