Selection Tool Broken

Description
While building, I was attempting to click parts when suddenly I was no longer able to deselect the previously selected part. I do not recall if I simply clicked or briefly used ctrl + click. Clicking on other parts or on nothing would not deselect the part. I was able to resolve the issue by deactivating and reactivating the select tool. This issue was accompanied by an error. While I was not actively using any, I do have plugins installed.

Reproduction
Could not reproduce

Actual Behavior
I was unable to deselect the previously selected part. This issue was accompanied by the error listed below.

builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages.DraggerFramework.Components.HoverSnapDisplay:41: attempt to index nil with ‘TargetMatrix’ - Edit
Stack Begin - Studio
Script ‘builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages.DraggerFramework.Components.HoverSnapDisplay’, Line 41 - function render - Studio
Script ‘builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages._Index.Roact.Roact.Component’, Line 496 - function __resolveUpdate - Studio
Script ‘builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages._Index.Roact.Roact.Component’, Line 437 - function __update - Studio
Script ‘builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages._Index.Roact.Roact.createReconciler’, Line 274 - function updateVirtualNode - Studio
Script ‘builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages._Index.Roact.Roact.createReconciler’, Line 84 - function updateChildren - Studio
Script ‘builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages._Index.Roact.Roact.createReconciler’, Line 144 - function updateVirtualNode - Studio
Script ‘builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages._Index.Roact.Roact.createReconciler’, Line 84 - function updateChildren - Studio
Script ‘builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages._Index.Roact.Roact.createReconciler’, Line 144 - function updateVirtualNodeWithChildren - Studio
Script ‘builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages._Index.Roact.Roact.RobloxRenderer’, Line 271 - function updateHostNode - Studio
Script ‘builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages._Index.Roact.Roact.createReconciler’, Line 270 - function updateVirtualNode - Studio
Script ‘builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages._Index.Roact.Roact.createReconciler’, Line 144 - function updateVirtualNode - Studio
Script ‘builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages._Index.Roact.Roact.createReconciler’, Line 149 - function updateVirtualNodeWithRenderResult - Studio
Script ‘builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages._Index.Roact.Roact.Component’, Line 499 - function __resolveUpdate - Studio
Script ‘builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages._Index.Roact.Roact.Component’, Line 437 - function __update - Studio
Script ‘builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages._Index.Roact.Roact.Component’, Line 161 - function setState - Studio
Script ‘builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages.DraggerFramework.DraggerTools.DraggerToolComponent’, Line 72 - function requestRender - Studio
Script ‘builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages.DraggerFramework.Implementation.DraggerToolModel’, Line 543 - function _scheduleRender - Studio
Script ‘builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages.DraggerFramework.Implementation.DraggerStates.Ready’, Line 185 - function processMouseLeave - Studio
Script ‘builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages.DraggerFramework.Implementation.DraggerToolModel’, Line 539 - function _processMouseLeave - Studio
Script ‘builtin_SelectDragger.rbxm.SelectDragger.Packages.DraggerFramework.DraggerTools.DraggerToolComponent’, Line 181 - Studio
Stack End - Studio

Expected Behavior
Users should be able to deselect parts at any time.

System Information
Intel Core i7 @ 2.50 GHz, 16 GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Beta Features
Aerodynamics, AI-Powered Code Completion, Assistant, Dragger QoL Improvements, Face Capture, Grass Length Customization, In-Experience CSG Improvements, Live Animation Creator, LuaU Native Code, Material Generator, Multilayer Wrap Fix, New Studio Camera Controls, Notched Screen Support, UGC Bodies & Heads, UIListLayout Flex Features, Updated Roblox Controls, Upgrade Shorelines, Video Uploads

Plugins
Auto Welder, Light Editor, Local File Importer Plugin, Mesh Editor, Remesh, Stravant - GapFill & Extrude, Stravant - MaterialFlip, Stravant - ResizeAlign

5 Likes

There will be a fix for this releasing this week. Until then you can turn off the Dragger Improvements beta if you don’t want to run into it.

3 Likes

This should be fixed now, let me know if you still run into it.

1 Like

Is the issue that causes this tied to changing the parent of the object? It’s something I’ve noticed for a while now and seems to be centered around that. Is there a particular factor in that process that causes that persistent selection? Always wondered from an engine code standpoint what it could be.

The cases I’m aware of where this was breaking were just some missing nil checks in the updated dragger code under the QoL beta, which I’ve gotten an initial set of fixes for out now.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.