Selection2Path: Roblox Free Plugin

Selection2Path

Introduction

Selection2Path has a single goal: help you find your instances’s paths.

How to Use?

1 Open the widget.
2 Select anything.
3 The widget will show you the path.

Showcase

Get it on Roblox

Updates

v1.0

v1.0

1. Plugin has been released

v1.1

v1.1

1. Fixed a bug (if there was dots in a name)

Here is a table of what the bug was

Selection v1.0 v1.1
workspace[" HI . HI "] workspace[" HI “][” HI "] workspace[" HI . HI "]
v1.2

v1.2

1. Text will now be highlighted

v1.3

v1.3

1. Plugin reoptimized
2. Plugin reorganized
3. New lexer & new highlighter module (more customizable)

v1.4

v1.4

1. Use “/path” to put in your script the current path !

From 1-5, do you think Selection2Path is usefull for you?

0 voters

Same question but for new developers?

0 voters

If you have any idea to make the plugin a better one, feel free to comment on this post

5 Likes
print(game.Selection:Get()[1]:GetFullName())
5 Likes

So… new developers have lost the ability to NAVIGATE THE EXPLORER?

You’re telling me that we need a whole plugin, to just tell how to locate said file? Ever heard of “Parent Objects”?

Oh I see you didn’t saw the video and didn’t even go on the plugin download page so i’ll give you a table of what the function :GetFullName() do and what my plugin do.

Selection :GetFullName() Selection2Path
workspace.Hi “Workspace.Hi” “workspace.Hi”
game.ReplicatedStorage.Hi “ReplicatedStorage.Hi” “game:GetService(“ReplicatedStorage”).Hi”
game.Folder “Folder” “game.Folder”
workspace.THERE ARE SPACES “Workspace.THERE ARE SPACES” “workspace[“THERE ARE SPACES”]”
workspace[“A .”] “Workspace.A .” “workspace[“A .”]”

So is Selection2Path really just the function :GetFullName() behind it’s source code? No.

If you didn’t know, a plugin is to make developers gain a maximum of time. Why new plugins that are posted on the devforum are rejected? Some are good like mine.

This plugin is usefull if you have a lot of instances in instances.

Why you say “new developers”? Im not a new developer. I just made this plugin to save my time.

Could you stop being agressive tho. This plugin is usefull for some people so why do you speak for everyone?

1 Like

If you have a lot of instances in instances, you should setup some sort of sorting system for your game. This plugin only applies in niche cases, where a simple reference to the object manually is just fine.

As for the new developers part, I believe you were trying to make new developers use this plugin in their programming. I automatically assume that they don’t have the ability to reference objects if they need a whole plugin to do that for them.

Constructive criticism could be taken as aggressive, but all I’m saying is that plugin is only useful in very few cases that can be handled in a better way.

It’s not just for random instances but work with modules so you can take in one second the module path and make it a variable.

Well I didn’t thought about new programmers using this plugin. But this plugin could help them understand how to navigate in the explorer using a script. I think that’s not a problem at all.

Your first message wasn’t constructive so it’s why i took this message as aggressive.

My plugin will be updated. Here are my idea:

• Modes (:FindFirstChild(); :WaitForChild() and normal)
  • place on selected line of code (this mean you can click on a button and it will make a variable of the path).

If you have others ideas to make a better plugin, im listening.

3 Likes

Update v1.2

1. Text will now be highlighted

Update v1.3

1. Plugin reoptimized
2. Plugin reorganized
3. New lexer & new highlighter module (more customizable)