Self-Serve Immersive Ads Creation and Management with Ads Manager [Beta]

They are building a platform. They want things to be in-house not 3rd parties. I’m guessing they will improve sponsoring games for devs over time as well. Idk if you realize but this announcement is literally just "you guys are gonna get more money from having immersive ad boards in your game. It is a huge victory for devs. When premium payouts were first released it was barely anything now its like half the revenue of loads of games. Be patient.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried these ads yet as my experience doesn’t have access to it yet. I wonder, what would happen if someone adds a feature that makes the player’s camera scriptable and focus it on the ad to give the player coins after some seconds.

Does this count as “fraudulent behavior”?

Id think this is perfectly fine. It may interrupt player experience a little kinda like other mobile games. But i doubt it would go against the rules.

2 Likes

Really? The amount most games will make a month off ads will probably only make people an extra 5 dollars (or less). I’m not flooding my game with advertisements if I earn little to nothing from it. There was nothing wrong with Premium rewards because it never helped get your game out there, it was just free money. We did not make anything from builder’s club either, which makes premium payouts a good update. We never got money from ads before, now we are - but I would rather do personal brand partnerships and make at least six times more money than Roblox. We already had a solution for ads. Roblox saw that, got greedy, and used their power to prevent us from hosting our own ads. Now we are being forced to use their solution, which doesn’t help anyone whatsoever except for Roblox. If they pay us more, then it won’t be an issue - although that will never happen.

Oh and hear this! The average user on roblox does not care about dish soap, or other random brands. Why would a brand want to advertise products meant for parents on a child’s game? :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Just ran my first ad with a budget of $20

I got 200 teleports under an hour, totally exhausting the $20 budget and yet my game went from 20 concurrent BEFORE it went live to 10, even after 200 teleports.

Average playtime for the game is 15 minutes on mobile/pc/Xbox yet my concurrent did not reflect 200 teleports. This type of advertising seems like a terrible option when sponsors exist for 6x less cost…

4 Likes

The fact that it can be written of as a tax deduction is just marvelous for most Developers that will have access to this though?

Any Robux spent on advertising is NOT tax deductible, any USD spent on this new ads manager is a tax deduction and will save a lot of adults a lot of money. I don’t see the issue.

1 Like

That means Roblox is taking a 80% cut as developers only receive 2 cents per teleport, that is absolutely insane and unacceptable.

5 Likes

Why does roblox want your address and more information? Don’t know why roblox needs your address to run in-game ads.

3 Likes

To charge your credit card and establish that you aren’t someone/something trying to abuse the system. Roblox knowing your name and address means nothing. Do you not buy anything online?

3 Likes

-$20 :skull: This system is such a waste of money.

2 Likes

Alright let’s see this post here by a staff member @3Dwriters.

Immersive Ads are native ads within Roblox experiences that allow creators to reach their audiences at scale in an innovative, engaging, and safe way…

INNOVATIVE AND ENGAGING WAY!?

With this beta release you get Image Ads and Portal Ads I mean these sound pretty good ways to advertise nothing can go wrong right?

I am terribly wrong…

Now I don’t know about Advertising that much I never advertised a game, and I never will since it is just a waste of money most of the time it is like a gamble basically you either get money or you lose money.

But @wravager spent $20 and (I think) just got 24.01 dollars I mean that isn’t bad until you realize how slow it would be to actually earn money using immersive ads it might interest some people yes, but that interest would probably decline a little bit in the future I can’t say for certain how much but probably around ~10%.

The reason why I say this is advertising on the Website is literally better then in-game because imagine you have to go on a journey just to find a single billboard that advertises some game or get advertisements plastered all over your screen.

Really annoying and an inconvenient update.

4 Likes

I mean, most people probably do, since they did buy robux. And that requires providing billing information. I’m pretty sure for legal reasons, only 18+ users can advertise. So I don’t think it’s Roblox’s fault.
I don’t think we need to buy it with robux especially since this seems to be intended for bigger companies and even if you are a smaller developer, you can just devex if you manage to make enough robux.
Personally, I like this update.

2 Likes

I mean they probably didn’t earn much since not a lot of games even have immersive ads. Hopefully after a while, there would be more people allowed to put ads in their games.

1 Like

Hey.

It’s actually not possible to scroll on the “Portal Destination Experience” section so this entire feature is completely unuseable for me. Would love if this could get fixed, so that I can utilise the feature, thanks.

2 Likes

An idea with portals sounds really cool! It can be intergrated really well inside a game. Something that might work really good in rp games or something similiar with open world.

However, returning to a decade-old-problem, money is an issue… You see, almost all the talanted people aren’t doing anything on this platform due to a laughable cut. What’s the cut? As i remember it’s around 30%. If roblox wants to change the platform to a more serious approach then you have to take developer’s cut more seriously. Until then, the home page will be filled with overhyped nonsense (with only a few exceptions). What does this have to do with ads update? Is that not many “megacorporations” and “big buisnesses” will be willing to pay for an off-platform product advertisement only then to see them presented in a cheap money grabbing f2p child gimmick with full of virused from free assets… (sigh)

2 Likes

If this is going to work you NEED to let us use robux.

1 Like

Roblox still needs money to keep the very generous FREE multiplayer server hosting active, just saying.

2 Likes

Honestly, In the past there have been a LOT of unwanted roblox updates, but recently there have been a ton of great ones! OAuth2.0, Windy grass, Material Generation, and now this! I can totally imagine using this to generate more revenue and get more players in game!

1 Like

Soo… Robux ads, please?

Why is only real-world currency accepted for this? Wouldn’t it bring even more advertisers if Roblox allowed Robux ads? I urge people behind this to also allow Robux ads, as many more people will be able to advertise on the platform and potentially allowing under 18 developers to advertise too…

2 Likes

I had immersive ads set up in my game with 33k robux pending from it, now when I open my game analytics I no longer see the button for it. Did you change the location of the immersive ads dashboard?

3 Likes