Selling limited items defaults to a selling price of 1 Robux - dangerous for misclicks

1. Go to the page of a limited item you own (preferably one you don’t care about to be safe)
  2. Scroll down and click on the “Sell” button under the price chart
  3. Observe the default price

Encountered this on Windows 10 running the latest Firefox with all extensions disabled.

Expected behavior

I don’t expect any value to be set there, setting a value there is what made selling items much harder to accidentally perform.

This didn’t seem intentional to me to be happening, because of the following:

1. There is no next confirmation step. You might accidentally misclick and press the Sell button and your item will be gone almost immediately.
  2. You get no Robux from this transaction. Because of the 30% fee, you’d be getting 0.7 Robux from the transaction which would round downwards to 0. If someone wants to sell an item this low in price, I believe there should be a confirmation step asking them if they’re sure they want to do it and tell them how much Robux they’ll get from it.
2 Likes

Definitely could see a problem with that, but I think Roblox does somewhat offer reassurances in a way (also the fact that I don’t think most people would immediately press sell before clicking the value heh). After-all, when you are selling an item for a sum that’s quite high, it makes you verify it by forcing an email check, or an authenticator approval. Sort of a safety bar to make sure you don’t make the wrong decisions by mistake.