Selling models?

Mixed answers lol, I don’t want to break any rules but I’m eager to sell my model, although I doubt @Aotrou would say that it’s allowed if it was wasn’t. I think roblox should elaborate on this.

2 Likes

yes I was just about to say that lol

I don’t really know the answer, but if you really want to go into it I would contact Roblox, and make sure you don’t get terminated.

3 Likes

The rules on Roblox aren’t exhaustive, they aren’t going to point out every minor detail that is or isn’t allowed.

That post is also over a year old.

I think you are better off selling your services as a UI designer or modeler or whatever you do rather than selling pre-made goods. That means you are making products tailored to the specific needs of whoever hires you, instead of you having to guess what everyone likes just so you can guarantee a purchase.

5 Likes

I’ll probably just make it a free model then, thanks for the reply

3 Likes

Question–would anyone be interested if there was some sort of “unofficial” Roblox Developer Marketplace?

Maybe we could use this to sell stuff?

5 Likes

I would most definitely interested, there used to be one called rbxTech, it silently stopped working however.

3 Likes

I might look into doing something like this to be honest.

1 Like

Sounds good to me! :smile: 30chrs

2 Likes

That would be great, but many communities (HiddenDevs, for example) choose to get rid of selling assets due to sealing and scamming. If this were to be made on Roblox, that would be a huge risk, so some kind of moderation would be needed, and if there’s one thing Roblox doesn’t meet par with, it’s moderation. Looking at the clothing market, you can see a great example of this happening. Selling assets would have a much bigger effect on the platform and would be a much bigger risk.

3 Likes

I’m sure there are possible ways to make sure that those kinds of things don’t happen, it’s just not on my mind right now. The idea is formulated now it’s time to address any external problems. I’ll think about it.

1 Like

Well, good luck with whatever you come up with. I’d love to see something like this actually work, it would help out smaller developers a lot.

2 Likes

Potentially Ted could hire a few people that would act as middlemen for the transactions. This would be an easier and more reliable way of stopping scams

3 Likes

I agree, can’t wait to see this in action.

2 Likes

Well, I am pretty sure you cant sell models but, the GRP community (Group Recruitment Plaza) is making this thing called “Asset Exchange” where you can sell your assets or trade them with somoene elses assets.

And I am pretty sure there are lots of discord servers which let you sell your stuff, especially in Ro-Aviation.

2 Likes

Im not sure if thats against the rules, but its completely possible, on discord servers called Hidden Developers. There are always ton of stuff for sale (robux or USD ( any currency)). Also you can put yourself for hire and other stuff. Great server never the less :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Selling models should be a thing

3 Likes

I agree, I don’t see why roblox doesn’t implement this. Simply just selling them for a fee on the marketplace is the most simple option.

3 Likes

I cant see Roblox implementing a sell model system when they already limit who can sell UCG.

1. How can roblox protect against viruses and malware when they’re already struggling to contain it within free models and tool box already to the point developers don’t touch it often. Sure you can use a report system and hope for the best but just like the bots issues on roblox can easily be exploited.

2. How can someone tell what they’re getting in the model and what would stop someone from pretending to sell something and ultimately sold them air.

3. What stops people from clogging the system of 1 block models.

3 Likes

It’s against the rules and honestly, you’re likely to get scammed selling them especially on GRP. A slightly better way is the hidden developer discordgroup but they’re still widely known for scams. Roblox won’t implement a selling models system. Selling services is the better way to go, i only resort to selling models when I’m scammed.

1 Like

I can understand this, but all of these could be done with plugins, which are already able to be sold for robux on the platform.

1 Like