Sending Data between Servers

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I want to have a marketplace like thing. Similar to the Steam marketplace where you can buy skins from others(You obviously dont pay with real money in my game)
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    How can I achieve this data transmission between servers? For example when somebody lists an item for a certain amount of money this data has to reach all other players currently playing the game.
  3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    Yes I searched it up and found a messaging service but didnt think that this would be perfect for my case or atleast not the best solution to my problem
1 Like

You can try using Memory Stores. They’re a bit similar to Data Stores but they’re temporary, having a time to live (TTL).

2 Likes

The options for this are:

• MemoryStoreService
  • MessagingService
  • HTTPsService (with a backend outside Roblox’s environment, e.g. Microsoft’s PlayFab)

MemoryStoreService is the best free option. Using something like PlayFab is a good option for more serious games and has a lot of built in features for things like live marketplaces, but it’s arguably more complex to set up in Roblox and it costs money.

1 Like