'Sensitive' Mouse.Hit CFraming Issue

(I don’t know if this is just me, or this is some sort of ‘major’ problem, but I’m still going to keep making this topic)

Previous Post Info

So like months ago, I built a previous topic about a ‘build like Minecraft tool’. This is not re-uploaded, just a new issue I discovered. :wink: If you want to go to my previous post (you don’t have to), you can using this link: !Here!. Anyways, lets get to the main stuff.

Problem

You know how in Skywars and Build A Boat For Treasure you can build? I can’t explain this well, but do you know how when you move your mouse, the block that is moving with the mouse is ‘clipping’ to another block? I will just show you the video.

robloxapp-20200507-1747362.wmv (786.7 KB)

The block is a 4 by 4 by 4 block if your wondering. It is clipping if you look closely, but it’s going around the mouse.

Help?

1 Like

Here’s an mp4 for everyone who doesn’t want to download it. This same issue suddenly started happening to me today, and it didn’t happen before. Here’s the code I’m using:

local UserInputService = game:GetService("UserInputService")

local GUI_INSET = Vector2.new(0, 36)
local RANGE = 1e4
local RAYCAST_PARAMS = ... -- left this out

local function get3DPosition()
    local screenPosition = UserInputService:GetMouseLocation() - GUI_INSET
    local oray = Camera:ScreenPointToRay(screenPosition.X, screenPosition.Y, 0)
    return workspace:Raycast(oray.Origin, oray.Direction * RANGE, RAYCAST_PARAMS)
end

1 Like

Does it function properly for you? I don’t think it does for me.

Nope. It does pretty much the same thing that happened for you.

1 Like