Separate site and game avatars

There are certain accessories (such as auras) that in my opinion look good on the character on site in a frozen position but in game seem off based on how they move with the character and that they statically persist. I am also wary of wearing weapons in games since some games visually weld their own weapons to characters.

So as a Roblox player, it is currently too hard to make an avatar that looks epic on site and in game. Additionally I feel that some very nice avatars on site lose their magic as you play with them (ie playing with an avatar humanizes it).

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience because I could make avatars that I am satisfied with.

Edit: I think there is an analogy to how in real life you don’t update your socials profile pictures with how you look each second.

8 Likes

I bought an accessory that created planets that circled around my head and it looked amazing, until I went in game, of which at that point the accessory began to look much less appealing as it was clunky and gave me a literal disadvantage when playing third person games where the camera was zoomed in quite close- the accessory partially blocked my view and I did not like that.

I support this separation. It’s like with gears- they are now mostly just used to embellish your avatar. I want precisely what gears currently fill in as their main niche, something to look cool but to not really exist in-game.

And so, I agree with this feature request! It was at the back of my mind for a while but I never thought about the issue in this manner. Thank you!

2 Likes