Separate Window Pane for Scripts

As a developer on one of my project, Mermaid Life, I use Rojo + Visual Studio. I really enjoyed this setup because my scripting pane was separate from my view port. I am a very visual programmer and need to see things while I am scripting.

On my other project, My Droplets, I am purely using studio and find this set up to be limiting, because you can only view either a script or your view port at once. You have the ability to drag out scripts or your view port to view them at the same time, but there is no default support for this type of work flow.

It would be awesome to have the ability to default my scripts to a separate pane so that I can see my view port and the scripts I am editing at the same time, like I am able to do with Visual Studio + Rojo!

Thank you,
Myzta

16 Likes

VERY MUCH SUPPORT.

This is also necessary for ultrawide monitors to be leveraged effectively. Tools like VSCode or even Notepad will let you snap the window wherever you want so that you can organize. Studio forces you to do everything inside it’s very busy space.

Example of notepad working for snapping but not studio:

6 Likes