Server Crashing every 20 minutes or so

Following up on a problem I’ve encountered since the start of July 2023. My game has been crashing with the error 277 or 279 every 20-60 minutes of server opening.

I ran an experiment on the server to see if the memory was overloaded, while the results weren’t as expected.

• Crash 1: 2732 MB Client ; 2564 MB Server
  • Crash 2: 1653 MB Client ; 1518 MB Server

It appears that the memory is not as high as I thought it would be for a 100 players server, but the server could crash anytime, no matter hwat action is done.

One thing I noticed with the script profiler is that “DelayedThreads” are taking up most of the client memory usage, while expanding it shows Roblox’s core scripts.

The game is operated on a shift basis so the 277 error cannot really be replicated easily, but it tends to crash whenever a shift is hosted, no matter if the player count is large or not.

Finally, whenever a server crashes, console error spikes based on the error report, while 90% of them are Roblox’s failed to load sound error.

Is there any sort of information or server crash logs I could use to try and resolve the issue? I’ve been gaining dislikes and hates due to this problem. Thanks!

Game - The Tseung Kwan O Project - 將軍澳綫 - Roblox

1 Like

Please explain for us noobs what “The game is operated on a shift basis” means.

What causes the failed to load sound error?
Do you have some sound required for the ‘shift’ that is generating this failure for for every player?
Can you try loading the sound when a player joins the first time so it’s ready to go at the moment it’s needed?

1 Like

It means that the game is only open to public at specific times, usually 2 hours a day.

The sound loads normally and isn’t because of granting permission, normally it can play without having any errors, but when the server crash the error occurs.

What’s the server replication (MB) like?
You can see this in the f9 menu, I think the central tab.

I don’t think I can find it, do you know where it is located at?

server stats

this graph is probably the best:

In the f9 dev console.

There appears to be a very high spike that happened randomly when I was testing, no source of reason so far, any ways to track it down?

It also seems to have a graph in a very weird shape

Update: It seems to be spiking when a player joins, checking on the reason right now.

Just being curious lol, did you fixed it?

Nope, seems to be a problem on Roblox’s end

If it was a Roblox problem then every game would have it.

Stupid question, but do you get any error messages?

What scripts are you running on your end when a player joins, or are you adding scripted tools or items that might cause a spike?
If so disable each of those individually while testing and see if the problem occurs. If it doesn’t then try the next item.

Not at all!
I tried removing all the scripts, tools and clearing ReplicatedStorage and ServerStorage, the spike still shows.

2 Likes

How did you search for scripts?
You may have already done this, but you can search classname:script in the explorer search bar to find all the scripts.
Some people try by searching just script in the explorer window, If a script is somehow injected into your place it may be named something else.

I just used a for loop to disable all the scripts in game.