Server disconnection, Error Code: 277

This is a different one, which I think in your case would mostly caused by server crashes.

3 Likes

I do not know why I do not get any error when playing a Roblox game :neutral_face:
Pd: Sorry if I wrote this wrong since I am Spanish and translated this into English with the Google translator.

3 Likes

Why does it happen to me online and offline and not to my main game with a regular playerbase? And will this issue be fixed soon? I can’t really release the game with this crashing

4 Likes

Could you explain more about happening online/offline for you? I am not quite sure about what you mean here.
There could be cases that some of your code triggers a crash in server, i.e the PathFindingService is handling an over-complex case and the server instance crashes as it runs out of memory. After that your connection to server will be dead as the server you are connecting to is dead by itself. Because of this, you might need to analyze by yourself about the server crashes. We would really appreciate you sharing your findings here as it would also help us improving our server’s stability as it might be an edge case that we are not covering well right now.

4 Likes

I mean I can play/start a server in studio and this serverside crash will happen, but it can also happen in a live online server.

None of my paths are complex, it’s a fairly tile-like and the perimeter of the entire map is approx 280x280. It has happened when the game was under such light load that I don’t even know how I could try to prevent this issue if it even was the pathfinding service causing it.

I have a couple log dmp files if they are of use to you, I’ll send one of them to you

2 Likes

This have also been happening for me, the error is already 5 days old and i cant seem to find a pattern of what is causing the disconnections of multiple games.

Oh and the Error Code is always different, 203, 260, 277 etc

2 Likes

It hasn’t happened to me in a week or two. Doesn’t mean the issue was fully fixed, though I have no idea what the original issue was.

5 Likes

This is happening all the time to our game (Vehicle Simulator). Servers affected also fail to function at all (Coregui breaks, server-scripts break).

Currently happening to my game (iceberg hotels) as well, I have been getting reports of this for the past 10(ish) days.

2 Likes

Do you get consistent error numbers all the time, i.e 260? 277 could be caused by various reasons, but if you keep getting 260, then that would be streaming issues.

2 Likes

It have been about 18d or 19d since i had the first issue and still have no idea what is causing the disconnections, it happens really quickly while in game, in all games actually, it can happen from 2 or 5 minutes from entering the game, but atleast it says something around code 260 and 277, but still no idea what happens.

1 Like

Quick update, I did a poll w/our users, and here’s the results:
Total votes: 209
Error 260: 65
Error 277: 144

Edit: Also error 517.

2 Likes

Same I keep getting kicked on Labyrinth

Yeah it would be really cool if some roblox staff could help us out with this issue, apparently there are different codes and when you search it up it just says that it would help to reinstall or re start your connection but nothing seems to help.

Edit:

error 261 now.

Thanks for helping collecting samples! I will forward this to networking team to take a look.

4 Likes

In general error 277 can happen from flaky user internet connection, but it can also happen if the server has crashed. I will look through the server crash logs for the games in this thread and if I see anything noticeable I’ll send a direct message with relevant info.

5 Likes

I have been getting this while playing mad city randomly sometimes. Either my Internet, or roblox’s internet / network, or roblox player giving out.

I believe this is a glitch in their system, or it can just be a effective script doing it. Remove the scrips that seem suspicious, or if you have a partner building the game please ask him more evidence about what he put in it, if you check the devconsole it will alert you if the game is about to shutdown.

1 Like

It doesn’t really work that way, and my original issue was resolved over a month ago. Just keeping the post around because apparently some people still have the issue.

This has been happening for me for a bit over a month. I believe it could potentially have something to do with someone’s device whether the error occurs or not. I had never run into errors like this before getting my new computer, I reinstalled and restarted my computer in all means I could to combat this error. I even went and deleted the Roblox folder from my computer user’s AppData after uninstalling studio and player, as well as before reinstalling it. I’ve tried countless methods and have somehow got the error to go away for nearly a whole month, but just today it’s been happening again and on around 90% of the games I try running. I am currently, once again, unable to join my own game and have to completely rely on play testing in roblox studio to debug my game. For me I always get error code 277, it’s never any other error code. I’ve tried playing various front page games and the majority of them give me that error and don’t let me join them, and sometimes I get past the loading screen but immediately afterwards get given the error code again. I’ve tried all I can to work around it but it’s just been a major inconvenience holding me back from working on my game. And trust me it’s not an issue with this computer’s connection, I’ve tried with both ethernet and wi-fi and every other program that uses internet works perfectly fine. It’s not my antivirus either as I’ve granted roblox player and studio all permissions possible as well. It just seems that this time I really can’t get around it again. I tried going on my old garbage laptop to play my own game and it did work, and my brother has never had error 277 happen for him despite using the same internet router as me, although he is on a different computer. So this is why I’m thinking it could have something to do with the device being used. I still don’t understand much of anything with this error but I highly doubt there’s anything wrong with my computer that would be causing it, every other online game has worked flawlessly. I would guess it has something to do with how it’s installed but I don’t really have any evidence to back that up either. This is all the information I really have on it, I’m hoping it’ll be fixed soon.

7 Likes