Server frame rate metric is not accurate for multi-place games

I recently added a second place to my game. The main game averages 300-500 CCU throughout the day. The second place gets 5-15 CCU as it is restricted to only a small percentage of players.

However the overall “Server frame rate” for the “Experience” has plummeted because of the server frame rate of the second place (which is low solely because the “average” gets messed up with low CCUs / servers starting /closing)

Aside from the way this messes up the visualisation on the dashboard, I’m also concerned about the implications of this on game discovery.

You can see exactly which update added the second place here:

Experience Overall

Start place - 98%+ of active CCU are here

New second place - <2% of CCU here

It looks as though the overall graph is an average of the two. It should be weighted by relative player counts in each place.

The game is

Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/dashboard/creations/experiences/{experience_id}/analytics/performance

1 Like

It looks as though the overall graph is an average of the two. It should be weighted by relative player counts in each place.

It is a conscious decision for all performance metrics to NOT be weighted due to some technical tradeoffs around data speed.

This applies to the platform breakdowns, places, …etc.