Server list display order and server version

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to find the newest servers in my game when there are hundreds to display, as well as knowing the versions of said servers to know what ones are up to date and what aren’t.

Currently it takes a lot of time for me to load the entire list of servers until I can find a decent sized one I can join, AND EVEN THEN i never know if its the latest version or not…

If roblox were to address this issue it would help me go through and find new servers to go in and see how they perform as well as find older servers who have possible issues that need to be shutdown.

This not only helps US as developers but it helps everyone, Streamers to find empty servers for their fans to have a chance to join and for players who simply want servers that don’t have many players.

Example:
I and some roblox admins have ran into an issue like this a few days back when launching the summer games where we couldn’t get on the newest version of the game that easily. ended up having to shutdown ALL the servers so that we can see the change.

Credit:
I did see the server list suggestion yesterday on twitter and it got a lot of support, though i don’t think that’s been posted here soo…

8 Likes

As far as I know, newer servers are already prioritised when a player clicks play, however still has my support.

This is a really specific request. Sounds like a better way to fix “We can’t get into new servers without shutting down all servers” is to just have server bleedoff so whenever there’s a new update, players can only join new servers unless they follow someone or directly join an old server.

4 Likes

I believe the op is suggesting a drop-down which displays different servers based on numerous different options, not just server version, so I’m guessing player count and maybe even server region.

1 Like

While that would be wonderful to have, I simply want an option maybe by the “refresh” button where it says “asc” or “desc” for server player count

then for server version it can be as simple as displaying it next to “X of Y players max” it’d be like
“X of Y players max [Version: Z]”

1 Like

My mistake :ok_hand:.

Roblox+ implements this really well with pagination:

If you click the fourth button, it just jumps to the end of the list where there are 0-1 players in each server. The infinite scrolling UI we have for servers by default:

is really bad anyway, so we should just replace it with pages.

1 Like

Right but I shouldn’t have to install an extension to be able to do this.

1 Like