Server List Update

Yes, I think we’ll do something like giving users who have the canManageGroupGames permission access by default. Sorry for the inconvenience in the interim!

2 Likes

As some other have stated, player-moderation is going to be affected. Some users in my game can purchase advertising for in-game money and choose an image to go with their ad. Some kiddies like to put up nazi/adult content. With our moderators, we can read off the id (Obviously we don’t have everyone get access to the ID to stop the proliferation of the content) and then we can report it using the report abuse button. Surely that is a good enough reason to bring back server lists, otherwise, as a game owner, I am powerless to stop the rampant spread of inappropriate material that has bypassed initial moderation.

13 Likes

I wish we could just at least see the number of servers and the amount of people in them, personal details aren’t required.

19 Likes

How much engineering resources are we talking about here, and aren’t those resources gatherable?
If not, wouldn’t there be possiblities to optimize the server list?

Ideas

( Maybe adding regional servers, or filters in general, where you can only see servers that are in your current region, or maybe dont show full-servers, ect )

EDIT: Compine this with Echos Idea, and you could possibly fix both of the issues you mentioned.

2 Likes

Regional servers do not work for Group battles. Group battles are still something older players like to participate in.

3 Likes

It would work.
But it would be very costly, so it’s probably not the best alternative, no.

If only servers within your region appear on the server list, when your in Asia and want to join an American battle; that wouldn’t work.

Anyway; regional servers don’t stop bots.

1 Like

It was merely a random example I thought of, it wouldn’t work that good for group games, you’re right.
And these ideas werent for the bot-part, it was for the scalability issue.

•This may have been said before, but sometimes if a youtuber is playing roblox, I really want to get into the server that they’re playing in, but now you can’t.

•What about stuff like the admin egg for future egg hunts? How will they work now?

5 Likes

not every roblox user does even know what ping means

2 Likes

@Caelestene Group permissions for other members to view the servers will not fix cross-group activities because we won’t be able to see the server we’re trying to raid in for example.

I am just now currently trying to get into a server for my napoleonic group This matchmaking has determined I should have a new server though and now I can’t play with everyone else.

5 Likes

This affect a join-training between VS and FEAR last night. Only a few VS members could get into the server which defeated the whole point of having a joint-training.

Although it’s great that Roblox has offered to bring back server lists for a group’s own members, they have forgotten that clans do A LOT of cross-group activities and current server lists will hinder these activities.

10 Likes

I actually like this update (assuming the group permissions will become an reality)

I personally, been playing roblox for 9 years now, and I’ve actually used the server list very few times outside of my own games. And when me and a friend want to play in the same server, we follow each other / just make a VIP server anyways.

I know there are people affected by this, but it’s an update they can adapt too.

the majority of people affected are like the legacy team games that are still published under an user’s profile and not a group, but they can still find ways around it.

1 Like

for number 2. I’d just assume the admin would change their follow settings to allow followers to follow them into game

for number 1, happens a lot, but it just makes it so people have to server hop, or what was said previously if the person wants people to join them in game.

did not think of this to be honest,

groups, but more specifically clans will be affected. this will make raids harder, training, cross-group activities, etc

2 Likes

Unless roblox can mask or cover the ID, this wouldn’t be possible, as the character’s appearance is linked directly to their user ID, which you can use to find users.
People who create bots would simply create a work around.

Looking back at the original thread’s FAQ; to find full/empty servers, perhaps a drop-down button can be added to the Play Button - perhaps giving users the power to search for servers that have fewer players.

An example of the avatar: https://t7.rbxcdn.com/653b86eee9dafd828e3c0ab4c4d3e965

Seems quite masked to me

2 Likes

Oh, lovely. =D

Or even suggest the best or “recommended games” at the top of the list, but still allow players to scroll down to view the rest.

1 Like

The moderators of my games can no longer do their work from server to server as before. I would like to know if it is possible to return to the last version. For the moment no one seem to like this update.
I can’t see the running servers of my own game.

14 Likes