Servers are not starting for my game

A few minutes ago I updated my game, Notoriety, and something appears to have gone wrong.

I published the update in studio, then went to the game page and pressed “Migrate to Latest Update”, which I’ve done dozens of times before. I waited for a bit and then noticed a lot of my Discord users complaining they couldn’t join. And sure enough, when I checked, there were no servers. It seems that the servers are not being started at all.

I clicked the Migrate To Latest Update button around 4:45 PST. I’m concerned that this is impacting my player count, like ratio, and revenue. I’m not sure if this is only impacting me or if this is an issue affecting multiple games.

I’m not sure if this was just bad timing or if it was because of the migration

22 Likes

Getting this same issue. Unrelated, but when I attempt to load the games that I can’t join I get Error on connect, unable to initialize Team Create server: code 6 in the logs.

1 Like

Same just happened with my friends game in which i am in a team create with. I used “Shut down all servers” and no one has rejoined.

3 Likes

Possibly related to Unable to open any Team Create place in studio since the latest update?

1 Like

Getting the same issue. It says “Waiting for Server” indefinitely

3 Likes

It doesn’t really have to do with development, but usually, whenever I have to join a game, something would appear wrong with the “Server” tabs… probably cause of the connection.

1 Like

Getting the same issued for my game in development. It happened, then I could access it, then this happened again to no avail. Also bugging with my studio.

3 Likes

Seems that the website itself is bugged right now? I can join/start a server on my own test game with no players, but cannot join your game?

4 Likes

Yea, I have the same issue after updating a game.

6 Likes

Got shocked when I heard a loud noise, forgot my Roblox player was busy trying to join the Notoriety game this whole time. Finally connected.

I had some issues connecting in studio to my game, but I was eventually able to connect and publish a new game version. That seemed to have fixed it.

That being said, I’m pretty upset that I wasn’t able to get any official support from Roblox after 3 hours of losing 1,000+ concurrents.

6 Likes

I am still have issues opening my games in roblox studio

4 Likes

Yea, been tryin for 10 minutes now.

Game pages seem to be broken across the site.

Republishing the game and migrating it to the next update seems to work, but it looks like ROBLOX is fixing the issue anyways.

1 Like

Gateway error is now out. For more information, please refer to HTTP/1.1: Status Code Definitions

2 Likes

This worked for our game, thanks!

1 Like

@Brick_man

Did you just keep re-trying? I’m still not able to connect to a server or studio.

1 Like

Yes. I was trying to get into studio for the game for quite a while

1 Like

Reverting to an older published version allowed me to get into the game.

3 Likes