Servers crashing often with error code 277 without any clear reason

Hey,

I’ve been having an issue with a game I develop for, for the past few days since we released an update there have been server crashes upon item usage that happens pretty randomly. Sometimes the crash happens right away, and other times it occurs hours after the server first opened. I’m confused about what could be causing this issue as nothing really sticks out to anyone on our team. There also aren’t any server script errors when the crash occurs either.

The only thing that I can think of that may be causing it is that data is held in value objects, using changed events to update a table.

If anybody could provide insight on how I may be able to fix this issue then please do, it’d be a big help!

You need to share your scripts for scripting support to work correctly. Well share what you think is crashing the servers.

No, don’t do that in that case contact Roblox Engineers, @Bug-Support or Roblox Customer Support.

Roblox Error 277 is a server disconnection error that indicates your client’s internet connection with the Roblox server is interrupted.

Roblox Server Disruption

Your game will keep getting disconnected from the server if that particular game is under maintenance. In this case, all you can do is wait some time then try again later.

Bugs

If your game is large and has over 4500 parts, you might get a problem.

Could it really be something like maintenance? It’s been happening for days now. We did host a public stress test last night with 50 people and it didn’t crash once, but idk if that’d mean it’s under maintenance. As for part count, the game was working fine prior to the latest update we did, and then after the update the issues began.

Lol, my game has over 15k+ parts. My game doesn’t lag. I don’t use free models. That’s why I don’t have extra junks on my game.

2 Likes

This problem is happening to me to in my game. My crash happens after maybe 10-30 minutes. I have no idea why, but the untracked memory goes from 0 - 1000 so maybe a memory leak.

but nothing would cause one except i have no idea if cars falling into the void would disconnect the scripts inside the car.