Servers Halting Randomly

Hello.

I’ve recently had my attention drawn to numerous servers On This Game Have been experiencing Halts before A round starts.
After seeing this for myself it seems that the game seems to not be able to load players into the round for whatever reason, but also not producing any errors of the sort.

This problem has only seemed to have started to happen over today and yesterday, and I was wondering if anyone had any issues like this as well.

Here’s a screenshot I took of the Average Vist Length Graph earlier today and it could have some sort of link with the issue I suppose.

It’s really mind boggling to me how this all started to happen without me changing any scripts before this happened.

What’s even MORE mind boggling is how the Visit Length jumped to THAT.

Could it be an issue with bots that I don’t know about?
Could the servers breaking be to do with the servers simply being too old?

Literally any sort of input or suggestion would be really appreciated for this because I am really in the dark here.

Edit: I have quickly joined another server and discovered an error detailing that “ownership service is currently not available at this time.” so I suppose it could POTENTIALLY be something to do with that?
Even then, I’d still like to know if anyone else has experienced issues with this and/or if anyone can figure out why this jump in Visit Length has occurred.

From my understanding, you have a main place and secondary place where the user teleports to when a round starts. If this is true, it could be an issue with TeleportionService or faulty by design. I haven’t seen results like this and my game uses something similar.

Also, happy birthday! :cake:

3 Likes

I can see that it could potentially be a problem with a Service, but I do not use the TeleportationService so it must stem from something else.

and thanks for wishing me happy birthday!

1 Like

Is it an automatic process or does the user have to click to be moved somewhere?

1 Like

It’s an Automatic Process when the round starts

1 Like

Do you have network calls that you don’t use pcall with?

It looks like this, perhaps you should wrap your network calls in pcall if they would break the game when they error.

3 Likes

Ok, I’ll give this a shot. Thank you!

Ok so I’ve wrapped most of the network calls in pcall now, hopefully things should improve.

it seems to always be around this time every night that it really gets bad like this.

Should I be using ypcall() instead of pcall()?

pcall and ypcall function the same. Quite sure ypcall is deprecated.

I’m completely stumped at this point. Any further suggestions are appreciated