ServerStorage keeps being renamed in Team Create

Here’s a bug that’ll never be fixed:

1. I rename my ServerStorage to SStorage.
  2. Then I uploaded to roblox
  3. Then I enabled team-create.

Now everytime I join the game, SStorage is renamed ServerStorage.

I understand this is a bug that only occures for 0.001% of roblox users, because people seem to love extremly long variable names such as ServerScriptService etc. I still felt like I should report this bug.

6 Likes

If it’s a bug, it should be in #platform-feedback:studio-bugs :slight_smile:

Thanks! I thought that was where I posted it tho :confused:

2 Likes

I would recommend you just keep the services’ names the same as changing them could lead to some unexpected bugs.

Understandable, but if they werent allowed to be renamed the name property should be locked.
Also 4-5 years into development, that train has passed :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

There are just things you shouldn’t do but can do, like putting humanoids in the workspace; you can… but you shouldn’t. It doesn’t make that much sense to rename ServerStorage, and stuff probably relies on it having that name.

5 Likes

Is there a reason why wanted to name it SStorage?

Why would you even rename it? It can cause confusion and stuff.

You shouldn’t rename any Roblox made services.

He is renaming it manually, since he doesn’t like it having such a long name.

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed this internally and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

1 Like

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.

Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

1 Like

Typing ServerStorage or ReplicatedStorage, or even ServerScriptService can be annoying or long when writing code for long periods of time. It’s easier to name then SStorage, RStorage, or SSS.

But there’s autocomplete… you can just select whatever service you were looking for from the dropdown menu and it’s filled in automatically, with both game.|service| and game:GetService("|service|"), and then name the variable whatever you want, or copy-paste the service’s name and then use autocomplete whenever scripting.

You should alwsys be using :GetService() anyway. (Just put it in variable and name something like SSS if you want)

1 Like