Session Management & Security Email Notifications [Account Security]

Dude,

Yes, this is a great update…!

But it’s scary because 2-3 months ago I had a dream when I was sleeping about this feauture. To see different devices on your account. And then I woke up that day to nothing like that. But now it’s actually here…?

Spooky.

TL;DR
I had a dream about this update when I was sleeping, crazy to see it’s actually here.

4 Likes

This is an extremely good idea for security, but I have noticed that where it says the device is located is not totally accurate. For me, it said I was in a whole different state.

2 Likes

… LONG OVERDUE!!!

Thank you for keeping our accounts safe!

3 Likes

What if the user has a verified phone number but no email? Why can’t they be sent a SMS?

However, this is a great update and will improve the safety of the community from tricks like session stealing.

I can’t think of any cases where someone would have a phone number but not an email. Even then, I don’t believe SMS is a secure enough 2-step factor method to justify it being added in.

is there a way to stop this though, i tend to use incognito a lot which means i would have to log in everytime i start a new browsering session.
They’re all me.

4 Likes

That will occur regardless of incognito mode as I wrote here:

1 Like

Glad we finally got this. Discourse (this forum software) has had it for a long time. Compared to Discourse though, Roblox doesn’t know how to handle browsers on Linux:

while Discourse does:

Looking at some of the user agents my browsers send, I’m assuming a lookup is used to display the operating system. While Roblox doesn’t support Linux, I don’t see why an entry shouldn’t exist for someone browsing on Linux.

4 Likes

Hi seeing how Roblox is advancing into 2023 practices (finally), will we hopefully see some forced 2-step actions on important account security features?

We should get these email notifications for failed logins if the password was correct but the 2FA code was not, or expired. Would be a huge + to visibility if something is wrong.

Woohoo!
This update was amazing. Thanks, Roblox.
But… Uh…
1:

Sometimes, i get this reminder to change all my passwords. It will FORCE me to reset my passwords in 4 / 3 days. This also happened to my friend too.
While this update is amazing, i dont like some of the features because it FORCED us to change our passwords. when it was LITERALLY us.
One of my friend’s alt accounts were hacked, and all of my accounts got FORCED to change the password.

2:

Showing the IP Address could be an invasion of privacy. I recommend you shouldn’t show the IP Address as people can use that to track people down… and… stuff.

awww man, I blocked the email address from my emails by accident, I tried fixing it but it didn’t work, now I should make a new email…

great update! Now I can check who signed in, incase I got hacked or I think so, and I think it’s a bad idea as it shows people’s IP Address and people can use it to track them down, This is like what many websites do for security, People assumes roblox doesn’t do security imrpovements, but they do, here are some recent additions:

1. Security Keys on PC and iOS

2. This one!

What if a hacker goes on your account, and blocks your IP address from using your own account? How would roblox prevent that?

That is the hackers fault for trying to steal. :nerd:

That’s like saying we should abandon security because if someone gets access to your account, they could use it against you. The point of security is to prevent unauthorized access to begin with. The same argument could be made with passwords.

This is just amazing! Now I can see if someone is on my account without me knowing :eyes:

I am having a strange problem.

The location that is displayed is not right. I know this because I logged out on one of these sessions and then I logged back in. It had the wrong location again. It also happens on 2 step verification. Is this a bug or is someone trying to access my account? Today I got scared and thought that someone hacked me.

As part of our efforts to make your accounts more secure, we are excited to announce the next iteration of our Security Email Notifications - Notifications for Trades and Transactions.

Starting today, users will receive a security email notification for trades and transactions that require 2-step Verification. Similar to the login notifications, these notifications will also contain approximated info on the event time, regional location, and device.

We will be looking out for your feedback and continue to improve upon these alerts so that you are consistently informed about critical account activities.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.