Session Management & Security Email Notifications [Account Security]

[Update] September 15, 2023

Hey Developers,

As part of our ongoing effort to secure your accounts, we are happy to announce two new features: Session Management and Security Email Notifications. These features will give you more insight and control over your accounts!

Session Management

To access Session Management, go to the Security tab on your Settings page. Scroll down to Where You’re Logged In, and you will see information about your login sessions. Specifically, you will see approximate information on the device, regional location, and last active time of each of your current sessions.

You will have the option to log out of each session individually by clicking on the arrow button next to the session or log out of all sessions other than your current one by clicking Log Out of All Other Sessions.

Security Email Notifications

If you have a verified email, you will receive security email notifications for account logins that occur from a new device or a new IP address.

The email will include links to articles with steps on how to change your password, information about 2-Step Verification, additional information regarding account security, and a link to the Roblox Support page. If you receive an email alert for a login that you do not recognize, please take the steps listed in the email to change your password ASAP.

Note: Security email notifications will only be sent from no-reply@roblox.com only. If you’re unsure about an email from Roblox, please contact Roblox via the Support form.

We will continue to iterate on these features and others like these going forward to make Roblox a more secure place for our community.

Thank you!

239 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

Amazing new features! Really happy to see how Roblox has taken notice of the recent cases of scamming!

11 Likes

Amazing! Now I can finally see who has been sneaking into my account…

12 Likes

Thank you, session management is a must for security, specially if there’s been a leak on your email or credentials.

10 Likes

Is it possible to have it so I dont get sent login reminders from the same session ID multiple times in the span of a few minutes, and instead just tells me if the login is unusual (outside of UK etc.)

My account has been in a bit of a security rabbit hole recently (resolved now) and my email got spammed with login notices from the same Firefox browser in London (me)

11 Likes

Took long enough to catch up with other services’ account security features. :joy:

Nonetheless very great and important things to have for the sake of security.

6 Likes

Appreciate this!!! It’s not fun at all being hacked or feeling like you are under the impression that you are (flashbacks to summer accelerator), glad these features are in place :grin:

6 Likes

Now I can see when my little sister sneaks onto my account :eyes: .

9 Likes

Absolutely love this update! As a cyber security enthusiast, this is the kind of stuff I love seeing! I hope that in the future, more will be built onto this feature so that we can have full autonomy over our accounts and to minimise any unauthorised access.

I would love to be able to set a custom session expiry time as well as black listing certain regions / IP addresses. Or better yet, white listing IP addresses.

7 Likes

Good work.

I know a kid who forgot to log out of a shared pc at her school when she closed Roblox. Someone spent her Robux.

I hope the Roblox client can differentiate between shared and owned devices, and log users out when appropriate.

I would not expect my bank to keep me logged in after I close the browser Same for Roblox.

If you do keep users logged in, I would expect to authenticate every time I perform a transaction.

4 Likes

:star::star::star::star::star:
Very helpful and important update!

2 Likes

I got this long ago on my account, though, it’s a really good update.

Also I would like to report a bug with it, if you play on Xbox it will show everytime you login as a new session, basically just launching Roblox on Xbox will add a new session there, it get filled up really quick.

4 Likes

Thank you! Finally extra extra security for our accounts!

2 Likes

Cool! Could we get a feature to lock down the IP addresses that our account can be accessed from? (Similar to OpenCloud API keys)

5 Likes

I noticed this change to occur on my account before the announcement came through, and all I want to say,

This is very good!

9.8/10

2 Likes

This is great, but I don’t think we need “Roblox Windows App” under the “Where you’re logged in” section. That will spam that section every time I join a game, which would make it difficult to see any unusual activity. Or perhaps some sort of search and/or filter options to weed out the ones I know are myself.

Actually, I’d rather see this under a new section called “Activity Log”, and then have the current section only be used to show devices that are logged in.

3 Likes

Should be useful for when you have sessions on devices you don’t use anymore.

1 Like

This is very good as well. but should using sessions devices has been sneaking your account, i guess they have warn from features is great!

2 Likes

Suggestion: When I log-out of my accounts on another device, it just lets me log out. Instead it should ask for my 2 Step Verification code because if for whatever reason my account got compromised they could just log me out and then I would not be able to get back my account.

2 Likes