Set Children UI Height to Parent Height and Set Children Width Evenly to Fill Parent Width Like a List

The title explains it.

As shown in these images, I want something that looks like this but, easier to make… I had to manually resize the children to make the sizes good enough.

It would be nice if I could just add in another frame and it resizes everything for me.

I want all of the children’s height to fit the parent’s height and the children’s width to be evenly distributed to fill the parent’s width.

2 Likes

You’re asking for flexbox, right?

Unfortunately, Roblox doesn’t support flexbox yet. However, what you can do is use a UIListLayout as normal, but just set each element to have a Size of UDim2.new(1/<number of items>, 0, 1, 0), using a script.

3 Likes

Well unfortunately, like @qwertyexpert say’s, there are no Flexible Box UI’s available in the studio yet.

however this can be solved in a manual way, by using everybody’s favorite subject…Math! see what I did there >:)

Use UDim2.new() and ratios according to the original frame size, and have the local script constantly check for resizing in a .changed or :GetPropertyChangedSignal triggers.

2 Likes