Set worldposition of a part in the default roblox animation editor

exactly as the title says, is there a way to set the worldposition of a part as i move the part it is connected to? ive tried manually resetting the position, but its not perfect.

Like you have welded parts you want to move together? Consider using Bodymovers then as this keep them in-tact, alternatively if your parts are anchored you can have a CFrameValue in your part and update every other part based off offset + new cframevalue

1 Like

No, i mean i have parts connected by motor6ds which im animating, but theres one piece that i want to be able to set the worldposition of (so i can keep it in place in the anim editor). its connected to another piece as a part1, so it moves when i rotate the other piece. i cant change the configuration of it either without breaking something.

heres a video of what i mean. the selected part is the part i want to stay in place (by setting its worldposition or something on the like)

You have to change the layout or Animate it to stay in place. there is no other option, I dont get why this isnt the P1 since its the control? (thing that isnt going to be moved by other things) confused

Why would you be setting the World Space Position of something in an animation? Please explain.
It’s tough to tell exactly you are wanting from your video. Is the gun supposed to be staying pointing to the right even when the arms are moving from pointing right to pointing away from the camera.
A detailed explanation would help us immensely.

If it needs to be set in the Workspace to a certain Position it shouldn’t be in your animation, it should be scripted separately.