:SetCore("TopbarEnabled") disabled Backpack CoreGui

The following code when I used it for a game disabled the Backpack Core UI.

wait() pcall(function() local starterGui = game:GetService('StarterGui') starterGui:SetCore("TopbarEnabled", false) end)

Can we have this looked into? Thanks!

Disabling topbar disables all coregui “Note that disabling the topbar with this method will also disable Chat, Backpack, and Playerlist”

^ It’s intentional – not a bug. They don’t want people disabling it just 'cus. The intended use of it is if you’re game has entirely custom UI and the topbar is just getting in the way.

2 Likes

Oh? I wasn’t aware of this. I thought it was treated like a separate part of the Core UI such as Playerlist, Backpack, Playerlist, etc.

Elements of the chat, backpack, and playerlist are in the topbar (the icons to toggle each, specifically) and they just decided that if you want the topbar gone, the reason is that you want 100% custom UI.

Ah okay, I understand.

Thank you :slightly_smiling:

Honestly the “TopbarEnabled” name is really misleading because it disables everything. It should have been something like “RobloxUIEnabled” or something.

7 Likes

I’ll just bump this thread since it may pop up on Google Search about how to set the transparency of your top bar instead of disabling multiple Core Gui services to a misleading command.

You can hide your top bar by setting its transparency instead.

game:GetService(‘Players’).LocalPlayer:WaitForChild(‘PlayerGui’):SetTopbarTransparency(1)

Sorry for the very old bump, but topics like these are showing up on the first page of Google Search which some developers may simply want to only set the transparency, instead of disabling Chat, Playerlist, and the Backpack UI.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.