Setting BreakJointsOnDeath = false and PlatformStand = true stops reset replication

Reproduction Steps

Reproduction Steps:

1. On the server, set BreakJointsOnDeath to false and PlatformStand to true in the player’s humanoid.
  2. Reset.

System Information: Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 24.0 GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

Reproduction Files:
bug.rbxl (36.8 KB)

Expected Behavior

The player should respawn after 3 seconds and die on both the client and server.

Actual Behavior

The player only dies client side with the inability to respawn as they are still alive on the server.

Client:

Server:

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly

3 Likes

Does the Died event fire on the server as this may be a temporary workaround for the time being.

This has been a bug for a really long time, guess it’s still not fixed. It has nothing to do with PlatformStand.

A workaround is to fire a RemoteEvent on the server that disables (and then quickly re-enables) the character’s Neck joint when the Died event fires on the client. This will force Died to fire on the server.

Also, if your character somehow moves after it dies on the client, then Died will also fire on the server. Disabling the Neck joint is more reliable, though.

1 Like

This is a realistic fix based off of post #3:
HumanoidFix_1907238.rbxm (1.7 KB)

Thanks for the report ! We will investigate and update you on the matter.

3 Likes

Same issue with my ragdoll system but:
I fixed it with a reset button localscript that fires a remote on the server setting humanoid.PlatformStand to false and my player instantly died the moment i reset, works perfectly in the end.