Setting breakpoint in test client softlocks the client

Note that I’m in Team Create right now.

Start a test server with 2 players.
Set a breakpoint in a localscript, e.g. in a RunService.Heartbeat function. Doesn’t matter.
The client will break, but the debugger will not initialize. There is no “executing line” indicator, no play/pause/stop controls, and the viewport is disabled.

There is no way to get out of this other than to stop the test session entirely from the original studio window.

Expected behavior

Either I can debug in a test client, or I cannot. No weird broken in-between behavior.

3 Likes

I can’t even do anything just because the + item button doesn’t appearing after the … update.

1 Like

this is a really critical bug since it makes debugging impossible for multiplayer tests and i really hope it gets fixed soon; any exception causes it which also softlocks it when the debugger is set to trigger on protected calls as well
pressing the resume keybind (f5 by default) allows it to progress until the next time the debugger is triggered
it’s also not limited to team create, here’s a repro video:

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll investigate and follow up with updates.

Hi PeZsmistic,
We are investigating this issue now. Do you know if this is something that started happening recently, vs. something that has been there for a long time?

Unfortunately I don’t have a tight time range for when it started happening, I had taken a break from development for ~6 months. It could have started anywhere within that timeframe, or potentially before since I don’t debug on test clients very often. Sorry about that.

Hello,
This issue should no longer occur. Please double-check to make sure that this is the case.
Thanks,
IcyTides

Looks like it’s working again, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.