Setting to disable Team Create auto-publish

As a Roblox developer, it is currently super inconvienent to use Team Create on a game that has concurrent players of any kind.

Yes I don’t want to lose my data, it’s super convinent when Team Create automatically saves.

The byproduct of this is that when we are editing Team Create on one of our games, and we are editing UI, editing a map, since it auto publishes, new servers that get created experience these glitched servers, causing them to be super annoying to find and shutdown, this makes us have to create a ‘CTE’ version of the game, on a seperate place.

It creates a higher margin for user error when using CTE versions, it has caused us to accidentally overwrite each other, ‘forget to update the CTE’ when doing minor fixes and other things of the same sort.

I guess if there is someone still connected to it, it won’t auto publish? Maybe have the team create server use a specefic version of the place, and a manual publish to place pushes it to servers?

Thanks!

6 Likes

I feel that this issue goes far beyond team create. In Roblox there is no real concept of a project thus managing versions, builds and servers is a difficult task which often leads to hacky solutions and workarounds to get something that works for a development team.

7 Likes

In the next few months we will be shipping a change which will solve this problem. You will be able to save and develop your games against the cloud but players will only see those changes after you publish. This will work not only for Team Create games but for all games.

7 Likes

Team create auto publishing causing it to publish while I was testing someone elses inventory, causing new servers to load that persons inventory, and then there was a small chance it could have saved. This caused me alot of grief. Even though I DID remove the testing features before I closed studio

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.