Settings not saving in-game or in Studio

When playing Roblox, the camera sensitivity and volume never saves. I have the same problem in Roblox Studio where when I set rendering settings to the max, save it and restart Roblox Studio the settings revert and stay the same. This always happened in Roblox Studio, but in Roblox it started about a year ago. My Roblox is installed in: %localappdata%\Roblox

Private log files: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/logs/624087

3 Likes

Is there any issue with writing to the %localappdata%\Roblox\GlobalBasicSettings_13.xml ? Is it possible some program – maybe an unexpected roblox issue or an anti-virus issue or some 3rd party tool – is an issue here?

5 Likes

I am not sure, it used to work perfectly but then it started to not save. I dont use any 3rd party antivirus software. I only use FPS unlocker can that be a problem? I looked into that file and stuff was being saved there but not applied to the Roblox launcher. Also my Roblox settings menu has been reverted to the old menu layout not sure why.

3 Likes

It’s happening to me too, settings seem to be saved but aren’t being applied. I’m on Windows 8.1.

Edit: The solution was also the solution to me but you can change your account folder name without making a new user.

4 Likes

Im still having this issue and need assistance.

2 Likes

What is your Windows profile name?

1 Like

It’s TheSpiffyOne ( C:\Users\TheSpiffyOne ), but it used to be something else with my name on it.

1 Like

I fixed it. By changing my name to a new English name (had to create a new account).

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.