Severe issue with seat placement for R15 characters introduced very recently

About 30 minutes ago I started recieving lots of complaints about my game Car Crushers 2 being glitchy and broken. Player count had plummeted and the reason was that R15 Characters had started to get positioned completely offset from the vehicleseats in the game’s cars. Here is a video showing how bad the offsets were:

I don’t have a repro of this yet as I wanted this post out as quick as possible. I have tested with just placing normal seats on the ground but they don’t produce the same issue as the seats in my car models. I will investigate more and update the thread if I find anything.

All I know is that it’s related to a very recent change. My game is set to R6 only for now so that the game can still be playable.

1 Like

Your cars and the players aren’t anchored right?

Do you have any code that might be setting C0/C1 on the seat weld?

We made a small change to the Seat code so that it would not set Humanoid CFrame before creating the seat weld and would rely on the seat weld to reposition the player so if you were adjusting the seat weld itself based on the position of the player at the time the seat weld is being added that would break.

I can’t reproduce this issue and seats in other games appear to be working.

Nothing is anchored but I do edit the SeatWeld’s C1 since there was a bug with R15 characters being offset from the seat which was never fixed. I’ll try if that’s the issue.

1 Like

Seats are working fine for me with R15 characters in a fresh server.

As far as I know, R15 and R6 characters should sit with the bottom of their lower torso (torso) touching the top surface of the seats. If there is any offset from that, please let us know and provide an example place we can use to test it out.

1 Like

Removing the C1 edit fixes the big offset so i’ll mark this thread as solved.

For the other offset bug: The regular sit animation works as it should, in my case it’s related to a custom sit animation. This sit animation used to be aligned with the legs right on top of the seat, but after some update a while ago it started looking like this and I added the simple band-aid fix to edit C1.

I’ll DM you a place to reproduce this if you want to look into it.

1 Like

Ah, yes, if you’re using a custom sit animation, you may need to remove the offset of the torso in the animation to have the torso and seat line up correctly now.

Previously, the offset of the torso from the seat was handled in the animation, as all characters were the same size. Now with more flexibility in character scaling, that positioning had to be moved to code to take into account all the variety of possible character sizes. So now, the default sitting animation has no positional movement of the hips from the root part.

2 Likes

Places that have an older version of the character “Animate” script in either a StarterCharacter model (or equivalent custom character cloned from storage) or directly in StarterCharacterScripts might also need to update that script to be up-to-speed with the latest changes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.