Severe issues with server memory usage

Hello! Recently my game (💥Destruction Game - Roblox) has been encountering severe problems with server memory usage ramping up to insane amounts in mere seconds. What’s confusing me is that untracked memory actually becomes a value of a negative few thousands right before my servers crash with the “BaseThreadPool” memory exceeding 10gb.

Now it’s important to note that the memory stays stable at around 500 - 800 MB and then in a few seconds it becomes tens of gb’s and crashes the server. What’s also concerning me is that this issue has started happening overnight a few weeks ago, when the average playtime dropped about 40%.

My game heavily relies on CSG, making hundreds of requests per minute, with them being usually fired via remote events. Now i have considered someone crashing my servers on purpose but when the issue occurs there is no suspicious users active, when i look up their profiles they’re just your average roblox player, also it’s important to note that all calculations are done in a queue so there’s no possibility of flooding the server with csg requests in order to crash it.

I would appreciate any kind of help or input since im starting to run out of possible ideas myself.

Hi @KejjToli, thanks for the report. We’re looking into this to try to track down what has changed to cause this.

Hi @KejjToli, we think that the issue should be resolved for newly started servers. Please let us know if you are still seeing it.

Thanks again for the report, we’ll also be looking into how we didn’t detect this earlier.

1 Like

It indeed has started working again, thanks a lot!