Severs Suddenly Crashing - Error 277

Thanks mrfergie, we’re going to try and investigate those reports. As always, Client logs help a lot.

In the meantime, please let us know if the frequency of errors goes down over the next 24 hours or stays the same.

-ScipioAfrikanos

1 Like

I experience the same exact issue and i think its not related to your roblox client at all. (im forcing myself on LIVE channel with bloxstrap)

Those errors happen because servers are crashing.

I want to add 1 more very important detail. This server crash usually happens when there is low amount of players in the server. (like happens on small servers alot)

Games where i experienced it on very small servers:

606849621 - jailbreak - happend during live event after getting teleported to OG jailbreak
13822889 - lumber tycoon 2 - happend randomly on empty private server with only me inside of that server

Thanks Bakon,

Do you happen to remember when the issue occurred for you?

-ScipioAfrikanos

For the jailbreak live event it occured 4 days ago

Exact timestamp: 20th april 2024 around 7 PM - that’s when i got teleported to OG jailbreak and got kicked for error 277

1 Like

Hey all - to reiterate, we rolled out potential fixes yesterday afternoon, and additional fixes last night. We don’t expect these fixes to help with RCC crashes, but we do expect these fixes to help with the mass disconnects some of you were reporting.

Please let us know if you guys are seeing fewer, just as many, or more reports of issues like “hey half the server just got kicked all of a sudden with disconnect code 277”! It will really help us validate our fix, or indicate that we need to look for other leads.

5 Likes

Here’s what I found over the past ~24 hrs:

Reports seem to be down by a lot, but I did see maybe a handful of Error 277 reports. In general, people are saying their servers are more stable now. They do still complain about assets not loading & chat bubbles not working properly though. (I am aware those can be unrelated, just a note)

It’s also worth considering people may also be reporting it less now that they are getting used to the bug.

1 Like

That happens only on mobile for me

This issue needs a different bug report but i can’t participate in it because im not really a mobile player you will most likely see me playing on PC so i can’t say much about those assets not loading

We have still experienced abrupt server crashes.

Here are a couple for things to add for today (times in Central)

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.