[SGC] Airman Responsibilities

SGC

Stargate Command | Airman Responsibilities

This document contains the basic information Airmen need to understand the professionalism required within the Profession of Arms.

General Orders

The General Orders of the United States Armed Forces are a series of eleven orders intended to provide all personnel with a general consensus in which to perform.

1. To take charge of this post and all government property in view.

2. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.

3. To report all violations of orders that I am instructed to enforce.

4. To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse than my own.

5. To quit my post only when properly relieved.

6. To receive, obey, and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, Officer of the Day, and officers, and noncommissioned officers of the day.

7. To talk to no one except in the line of duty.

8. To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.

9. To call the airman in-charge in any case not covered by instructions.

10. To salute all officers, and all colors and standards not cased.

11. To be especially watchful at night and, during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post, and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.

Basic Outline of Duties

The duties of SGC personnel range from visitor management and defense from hostile entities. Main personnel are instructed to guard positions in the base unless given a direct assignment. Important areas include

1. The Embarkation room on Level 28.
  2. The Transitional Elevator Station on Level 11.
  3. The Security Checkpoint on Level 1 outside the tunnel.
  4. All hallways and sections of the SGC that have heavy foot traffic.

Board of Sergeants

The Board of Sergeants are the senior non-commissioned members of the SGC, responsible for a variety of tasks regarding organization and operations.

Standing orders as of 12/21/2017

• All qualified Sergeants must host a Basic Military Training at least once per week; preferably at a rate of one per day or two per day as necessary.

• In addition to the Basic Military Instruction Guide, BMT’s organization will be modified to take a better approach to teaching Airmen. A couple concepts to keep in mind for BMT’s:

• All airmen should be made aware of rules and postings; where to go and where not to go.

• All airmen should be made aware of the rules regarding stargate use, and when to defend the gateroom, and when not to.

• All airmen should be made aware that behavior should be positive and productive.

Board of Officers

The Board of Officers are the junior and senior commissioned members of the SGC, responsible for a variety of tasks regarding operations, stability, and command.

No standing orders as of 12/21/2017

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.