Shadow "Glow" forming around

When I was looking over my old builds and redoing them, I noticed in one scene that the small bars were “Glowing” with shadows. I tried to recreate this in a new baseplate and the same happened. It looks like a noisy diffuse around it and only appears up close with level 21 graphics. You can only see it if you are approximately 5 studs within it’s vicinity.

This bug happens all the time in studio if you have Voxel or Shadowmap enabled, a closed off room, and parts that are 0.125 studs thick (Used when testing with it, different sizes may vary). Then add a brick and a point light, then you can see the effects. (You may need to change your angle to really see it)

(Was going to attach a video with the build but it wouldn’t let me.)

My graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

I do not no when this started to happen, but I assume this has been a thing for awhile. Best way I can describe this is that the voxels aren’t small enough, causing this to happen. Might be wrong.

If you want to know anything else about this bug, please reply!
Here is a repro Glitch Light.rbxl (18.3 KB)

1 Like

It’s SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion). It’s not necessarily a bug, but it’s actually a post process effect limitation. Since it’s screen space, it can have some issues. My guess is that there are low samples or something like that in Roblox’s code.

3 Likes

I just had that thought, but I was offline so I couldn’t post it. May I suggest Roblox updates the Ambient Occlusion so that it only effects parts with a size above 0.125 (Or More).