Shadow map technology help needed!

Help with shadow map technology!
Making a vehicle game with awesome effects something like this Smoke in shadowmaps technology - Roblox
I don’t know how to do it!
I have tried searching on google nothing was found

1 Like

I don’t understand your question. Are you asking how to turn it on?

2 Likes

No how would I make a effect like that I tried turning it on it would not work looking like that!

1 Like

you can’t really ever know how to set the lighting to be perfect, you always have to play with the properties, to have more realistic lighting, take a look at this post, you can also adjust the Shadow Softness if that makes a difference with the smoke, but that game doesn’t have just smoke, it has much more to it including different sorts of ParticleEmitters with textures, if you want to find out more about the ParticleEmitters, then take a look at this article I don’t understand your problem fully and what’s wrong but you should understand ParticleEmitters and Lighting better after reading those and informing yourself, good luck with it! :grin:

2 Likes

Is there anyway I could get it the game as his?

@MarkiPr0 reply in dm. lol. lol.

This is currently not possible. A separate build of Roblox Studio was used for this. (If you were to play the game, you’d see the thumbnails would not look anything like what you see in-game. The thumbnails are simply screenshots from the custom Studio build.)

You can find them here, though the builds are long outdated and will most likely not work:

Some people made it like that in game @Rocky28447

I can promise you they did not. If they did, they used clever tricks to fake it.

1 Like

Such as here How to make your lighting more realistic in shadowmap

That’s not even remotely close to what you’re asking about. Your original question was asking about local light sources and particle effects (from what I could gather off that jumble of words). What you just showed is a basic forest scene.

1 Like