Shadows acting weird

When I switch the technology to future the shadows go all over the place, how do I fix this? I never had this problem before

It looks normal in ShadowMap

4 Likes

I’ve been having the same issue myself. I tried moving the lights and stuff around and it managed to mostly fix itself.

Roblox recently updated their studio lighting system. (I believe about two days ago) As far as I know, this can’t be fixed yet. The recent update is most likely causing the problem. I’ve also seen a lot of reports talking about how images wont load, studio is laggy, weird black lines are appering on the camera, etc. I think we’ll just have to wait for Roblox to fix this.

1 Like

This exact thing has happened to me, just change the technology to something else then switch it back.

2 Likes

Yea, that is the proper way to fix it. At the moment there is no other way. I also noticed that if you delete the SkyBox and load it back in that it fixes it aswell.

1 Like

maybe this can help.?

1 Like

I can further add to this.

Yet another way to optimize lighting is to reduce the number of lights in your scene. In the image above, there are two examples of lights. On the right, there are six parts with six surface lights making basically a bar of light on the floor. On the left, there is one part with one surface light that does the exact same thing. The single part on the left is better and more optimized because it uses six times fewer as few lights compared to the parts on the right. Although you lose some shadows, I can almost guarantee this will fix your problem.

1 Like

If it’s a major issue like yours, just disable all current light sources and use one that can light up the whole room healthily.