Share Your Work and get Published!

Howdy!

We are looking for developers who specialize in animation to write an article for Build It Play It (formally the Creator Challenge). This is a series officially published by Roblox that includes lessons, challenges, and contests.

The goal of this series is to turn Roblox players into developers, and teach new topics to boost the skills of current developers. This iteration of the Build It Play It Challenge will focus specifically on animation and game design.

What We’re Looking For

• While we are flexible, we would love to get articles on how animation is used to provide player feedback.
  • The audience for this content includes developers who actively have games and wish to improve their animation skills.
  • If accepted, our team is glad to work with you to edit and assist creating the article.

Some example topics of what we’re looking for may include:

Keep in mind, you don’t have to be a dedicated animator to submit. We’re looking for your thoughts and experiences on how animations improve games.

Interested? Submit here!

DEADLINE: March/27 11:59 PM (PST)

79 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 15 minutes.

ANIMATOR?!! Huh. Okay, am I an animator? Yes, do I have a chance? Probably not, but it’ll still try.

Still applied though. Hopefully I get picked to write! :smile:

12 Likes

Ah yes you are an animator, and you have an chance.

5 Likes

Is there any sort of compensation for this? The post makes it sound like volunteer work, so just wondering if that is true or not.

4 Likes

That’s correct - this article would be volunteer work and not compensated.

3 Likes

Wow, this is quite unique, I’ve never heard of this particular type of Creator Challenges before on Roblox! I literally haven’t even touched animations for so long, so I didn’t apply.

But, it would be cool if Roblox does this same thing but with UIs instead. Then, I’d definitely sign up since I am much more comfortable with UIs and presenting information about them. In fact, it would be awesome if Roblox hosts these Creator Challenges, but each one is different and focuses on a different aspect of development (like UIs, building, scripting, monetizing, game designing, etc.). This new type of event creates a gateway for endless possibilities!

Regardless, this is a great opportunity for people who want some exposure, and I’m certainly sure that players will be excited about this as well!

1 Like

This is a great idea. We’re gonna need a whole generation of new Roblox Developers to help make new, popular, original game concepts to take over the front page, as we all know the front page is just flooded with simulators.

5 Likes

This is Amazing, keep the up the good work Rblox

We actually have run each Creator Challenge (soon to be Build It Play It) around a different theme. Hopefully one day, we’ll have one focused on UI, and many more. It all depends on what we think will be an awesome and fun topic to cover :smiley:

6 Likes

This is great I’m glad that there are lessons being created of such subjects and others. I’m looking to get a more wider knowledge in studio, Currently I only build showcase type stuff, Builds that have no real purpose.

I have a game idea that I need to learn many things for, animation included, I can make animations but it’s basic and not that great.

As to these lessons where can I find ones that are already made as it seems there are some. Is it on the developer “wiki”?

Edit: I found a great plugin for studio called studio+ it covers great stuff, and has a site that works hand and hand with studio, would be great if there were more things like it.

Applied! Good luck guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.