Shark Swim System

Howdie all,

I’m Infinite_Visions, an advanced Roblox scripter. I’ve recently been redoing my movement for the sharks in my game The Coast, and I ended up with the following:

You can test it here: https://www.roblox.com/games/5168871295/Shark-Swim

Keep in mind, shark animations have not been added in yet. Let me know what you think, and what I should improve on! Thank you!

3 Likes

Any advice, suggestions, or general feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Great Job! I would reccomend making the shark slowly turn upwards/downwards when your are going up or down. Itll make it seem less clunky

1 Like

That is a great idea, thank you! I’ll work on implementing that. I’m debating about whether to let animations handle that, or simply tween the model’s orientation, but we will see. Thanks for your great feedback!

No problem! I really havn’t worked with moving non humanoid things myself, so I don’t know how everything will work. Mabye the animations will fix it? Great work on this, I can tell you’ve put effort in this!

1 Like

Yeah, I’m designing two versions of this (NPC sharks, and Player Character sharks), both have their own setbacks, but that’s part of the fun :slight_smile:

Yea! I like it, meshes are nice, they load correctly. But one thing though, make animations for movement. Like fin moving and things like that.

1 Like

I’d recommend mesh deforming the shark and making the tail have an animation to stimulate realism, as well as slower navigation and less vision.

1 Like

Maybe try splitting the shark mesh into several pieces to give the shark a more realistic appearance and movement. The speed of the shark is a little too fast in my opinion, but if that is what you are aiming for, that is fine. The mesh looks great, and pretty good overall.

1 Like

So I think you should give the shark more realism, such as making the back of it move left to right.

1 Like

I was also thinking that, it would look better if the tail went from side to side.