Shift Lock Keybind

Hello DevForum!

I would like to know how to change the Shift Lock Keybind without using the “CameraModule” because that can cause errors in future Roblox updates.

I have been searching for an answer but I didn’t find any. I would appreciate any help given.

Thanks for reading!

1 Like

If the information is necessary, I want to change the key to LeftControl and RightControl.

I don’t believe there is current ‘function’ to change shift lock key bindings but there is an easy way to change them with just one line of code.

Put a LocalScript into your starter character folder containing this:

game.Players.LocalPlayer:WaitForChild("PlayerScripts"):WaitForChild("PlayerModule"):WaitForChild("CameraModule"):WaitForChild("MouseLockController"):WaitForChild("BoundKeys").Value = "LeftControl,RightControl"

If for example you would like to add left-alt to your keybinds just use the corresponding Enum name linked to left-alt which in our case is Enum.KeyCode.LeftAlt. Once you’ve got the Keycode name add it to the "LeftControl,RightControl"

So we would end up with "LeftControl,RightControl,LeftAlt"

4 Likes

Thank you very much!

I think the path to the keybinds might change in the future but this is way easier to update.
This is a good solution without having to copy the whole “CameraModule” and it won’t cause errors.