Shift Lock Script

I’ll keep it short, we all know shift lock, I’m trying to get a script like it and impliment it where you are automatically in that mode.

My current code:

local char = game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character or game.Players.LocalPlayer.CharacterAdded:Wait()
local Camera = workspace.CurrentCamera
game:GetService('RunService').RenderStepped:Connect(function()
	char:WaitForChild('HumanoidRootPart').CFrame = Camera.CFrame
end)

This works in all, but it flings me off my map and I’m not sure how to CFrame the RootPart correctly so that it correctly rotates. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Something along these lines would allow you to use the original camera scripts to force always-enabled shift lock that cannot be disabled:

--[[
	PlayerScriptsLoader - This script requires and instantiates the PlayerModule singleton
	2018 PlayerScripts Update - AllYourBlox	
--]]

local PlayerModule = require(script.Parent:WaitForChild("PlayerModule"))

function CameraSetup()
	local CameraOffsetValue = script.Parent:WaitForChild("PlayerModule"):WaitForChild("CameraModule"):WaitForChild("MouseLockController"):WaitForChild("CameraOffset")
	CameraOffsetValue.Value = Vector3.new(2,1,0)
	local BoundKeysValue = script.Parent:WaitForChild("PlayerModule"):WaitForChild("CameraModule"):WaitForChild("MouseLockController"):WaitForChild("BoundKeys")
	BoundKeysValue.Value = ""
	wait()
	local IsMouseLocked = PlayerModule.cameras.activeMouseLockController:GetIsMouseLocked()
	if not IsMouseLocked then
		PlayerModule.cameras.activeMouseLockController:OnMouseLockToggled()
	end
end

game.Players.LocalPlayer.CharacterAdded:connect(CameraSetup)
wait(1)
CameraSetup()

In a LocalScript in StarterPlayerScripts

1 Like

Sorry for my unclairity recently, I want this, but where I can change the mouse cursor image, script the mouse cursor ex, something like Strucids camera or Island royale is more what I’m looking for. Not plain as day shift lock, sorry.

1 Like

In that case you’re just looking for an Over-the-shoulder Third-person camera. I thought you wanted to use the effect Shiftlock provided in which case tapping into the PlayerScripts like that would achieve the effect.

There’s a couple of camera scripts available in free models and there have been topics about it in the past.

1 Like

I cannot find any free models unfortunately, nor do I see any linked. :frowning: