ShiftUnlocked | Advanced Third Person Camera Module

ShiftUnlockedLogo ShiftUnlocked

While the Roblox Shift Lock camera works, I wanted more for my game.

ShiftUnlocked is a third-person camera module for Roblox Studio, offering high customizability, simple setup, and the versatility to support various projects. Fully compatible with Roblox’s native features and more, it provides smooth support across mobile, PC, and console platforms. ShiftUnlocked addresses longstanding issues in the native camera system while faithfully replicating the classic Roblox shift-lock behavior, ensuring a reliable and enhanced user experience.

Features introduced:

• Proper collision detection
  • Camera Shake functionality
  • Improved Zoom Control
  • Camera velocity offset option for a more dynamic camera feel
  • Tons of properties for customizing every aspect of the camera

Showcase

Camera Collision

Imagine an area in our game that is initially locked and becomes accessible later on. We want to prevent players from discovering what lies behind the door too early, for narrative reasons.

Any veteran Roblox player can abuse a known Shift Lock bug to see through any wall. This can give them a competitive advantage or break a game’s narrative.

Velocity Offset

ShiftUnlocked

This uses the default Velocity Offset settings, which are designed to be unobtrusive. You can adjust the velocity offset to fit your project’s needs.

Shift Lock

Installation

Wally

To set up using Wally, use the following to get the latest version:

shiftunlocked = "yiannis123git/shiftunlocked@*"

Manual

Download ShiftUnlocked.rbxm from the latest release and drag and drop the file into Roblox Studio.

Try out right now!

If you want to take a quick look without much hassle you can join the showcase experience.

Documentation

For more info, you can visit the Documentation page. To fully utilize the camera and apply it in your projects correctly, you should give the documentation a read.

GitHub Repository

Give me feedback!

I would love to know your thoughts on this!

21 Likes

Can you upload it as a model to Roblox instead of just a .rbxm file to make it easier to access?

I understand your frustration, but I don’t think having multiple release sources would be good. This resource is designed to be used via Wally while offering support for non-Rojo workflows via the standalone rbxm file. If you encounter any other issues feel free to tell me!

1 Like