Shirt ids not working on dummy

I am trying to load clothes, using the roblox marketplace id as it would be easier for players, onto a dummy in order to display them but when I paste the id of the shirt from the roblox marketplace it will not load.

(example id)

when concatenated onto the link it does not load the clothes and the shirt has a shirt template id of http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=607785314

But if I am to paste the id from the roblox marketplace directly into a separate clothes instance the id changes and the clothes load. It becomes: http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=607785311, which is a different id.

when using that id and concatenating it, it loads the correct shirt.

My question is how do I go from the roblox marketplace id to this one that works in a script or another means.

no, im looking at it for the first time

Maybe there is a problem with loading the shirt id in. And using the full link is kind of excessive. I usually just use the number.

maybe try to already add the shirt in the rig and do local shirt = dummy:WaitForChild(“Shirt”).ShirtTemplate = “http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=”…id

Also, I’m pretty sure the reason why the ID of the shirt doesn’t match when you concatenate it is because the shirt ID and the asset ID are completely different things.

i tryed this and it worked it loaded the shirt.
Screenshot 2023-08-30 230110

And i do not recomend creating new Instances by doing Instance.new(“thing”, Parent). I recomend doing local i = Instance.new(“thing”)
i.Parent = Parent

so how would i obtain the asset id so i can use it instead

1 Like

I am honestly not sure, but maybe try adding “Catalog - Roblox”…id

1 Like

Maybe try using HumanoidDescription

1. Create a HumanoidDescription
  2. Run a script which sets the properties of the HumanoidDescription
  3. Do Humanoid:ApplyDescription(HumanoidDescription)

I tried running a script with the first ID you provided

local HumanoidDescription = workspace.DummyDescription

local SHIRT_ID = 607785314

HumanoidDescription.Shirt = SHIRT_ID

task.spawn(function()
	script.Parent.Humanoid:ApplyDescription(HumanoidDescription)
end)

Setup:

Result:

You can change multiple properties of the HumanoidDescriptions to create whatever humanoid you wish.
Check the documentation on further information: HumanoidDescription | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

1 Like

How does this work :thinking:

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)
	plr.CharacterAppearanceLoaded:Connect(function()
		game.Workspace.test.Head.face.Texture = plr.Character.Head.face.Texture
		game.Workspace.test.Shirt.ShirtTemplate = plr.Character.Shirt.ShirtTemplate
		game.Workspace.test.Pants.PantsTemplate = plr.Character.Pants.PantsTemplate
	end)
end)

I figured it out, i just said:

local shirtAssetId = InsertService:LoadAsset(id).Shirt.ShirtTemplate
shirt.ShirtTemplate = shirtAssetId

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.