Shoe/Heel system help with hipheight issue

Hello! I currently have an question with this shoe system I’m working on. I need a solution to calculate how much hipheight needs to be added to the character when the shoes weld to the feet. If I dont add any hipheight the shoes are under the ground. I could of course skip this make the shoes cancollide but that makes the character walk weird… suggestions? Any help is appreciated! Please ask if you need a video example

1 Like

It depends on the height of the shoe Part.
If all your heeled shoes attach at the same point and height then you could just add the correct amount to the HipHeight.
Otherwise you may have to figure out the distance from the shoe weld position to the height of the welded shoe position you are adding and add that distance to the HipHeight.

2 Likes

How would I find the correct amount I would need to add to the hip height? The shoes are all the same height.

1 Like

Just try fine tuning it in Studio.
Set a value for the increase then keep testing in Studio to see how it looks and change it if it isn’t right. That would probably be quicker than figuring out the precise amount by calculating all the factors involved.

2 Likes

I’ve just tried this and it totally works with one character but once I try with another character that has a higher hipheight it doesn’t line up perfectly. any alternate solutions?

1 Like

Can you get each player’s HipHeight and add your shoe height number to that value?

1 Like

Yes but I don’t know how to calculate the height of the shoe.

1 Like

You should set the shoes to CanCollide false anyway as the legs normally have CanCollide set to false to prevent issues with walking into stuff

The hip height is what actually keeps the character off the ground not the legs

2 Likes

@Baileyeatspizza that’s not the issue, they want to calculate how high up the HipHeight should be when wearing high heeled shoes.

1 Like

I’m aware I was just pointing it out