Shortcut Run inspired game

This is Shortcut Race:

https://www.roblox.com/games/5975688389/Shortcut-Race-PRE-ALPHA#

Inspired by Shortcut Run in the PlayStore.

Other than the classic Pets and Unboxing systems, it seems that the two of us working on this are not coming up with many fresh ideas about the future mechanics and monetization of the game.

Any suggestions?

4 Likes

I found this game really fun, I could picture playing with multiple people. I feel like this game could use a better lobby and maybe a main menu. I want this game to be successful, so I decided to donate to it. Keep up the development!

2 Likes

I played the game and loved it :heart:

Bugs and Things to fix

But I found a glitch even after the race finishes I still have to the leave race button.
Should fix that.

And my pc was lagging a bit so it might bother mobile players

Things that I loved!

• Amazing Quality
  • Smooth UI’s
  • And Nice builds

I donated 50R$ to you. Not a lot but might be helpful :+1:

1 Like

@WeeniesWrath @Codez_X Wow thank you both for the kind words and for donating! It does mean a lot in the beginning because of advertising.

Definitely a new lobby, and in the future a complete UI rework, and fixing all existing glitches which are many sadly. I removed some particles and managed some Tweens so I dropped memory usage by 20-ish Mb, but will definitely need to figure out where else it’s leaking.

1 Like

• I found this new glitch that sometimes when I die the timer continues even though I am out and there are no other players

• Also, I have the cartoony animation pack and not the levitation animation pack

• And Also the timer doesn’t move after it has finished it just stays there

I really like the idea of the game! Although i prefer that you use only SmoothPlastic for everything so that it would feel like a cartoony game. And, maybe make the obstacle courses, round-based? It’s just my preferences but feel free to comment!