Shortcut to Folder-up the selection

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to manage the game assets with folder. Right now, the fastest way to clean up the explorer window is to press ctrl + g to group up the selection. However, I would like to use folder instead of model because I don’t think models are intended to used in this way, and folder makes more sense. Therefore, I would like to see a shortcut to folder-up the selection using Folder object, or option to switch of whether the current grouping shortcut inserts folder instead of model.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I will be able to instantly folder-up the selection instead of having to insert a folder, select the objects to parent to the folder, and drag it into the folder.

8 Likes

Adding this feature would make it far easier for people who try to organize their game’s items, and would promote organization to those who don’t. I’ve missed this functionality so frequently I made a plugin specifically for it, but the ability to “fold” a selection should just be native.

In the meantime, here’s the sauce. I’d recommend binding the hotkey to Ctrl+Alt+F.

5 Likes