Should Bloxy Kart v4.0 turn into a new game? Or just an update?

Greetings! Bloxy Kart v4.0 is currently in massive development, that almost everything gets rewritten.

Since pretty much every component is different from the current version (v3.6), I started to wonder, should Bloxy Kart v4.0 turn into a sequel to Bloxy Kart?

Please also give a reasoning to why or why not.

Thanks in advance!

I think it would be good to chose either option because both have their good sides and bad sides.

Updating it would mean that you keep all of your old players would know about it, but… Anyone who didn’t like it wouldn’t play the new version. Then again though, it won’t be starting from scratch for advertising and other stuff like that.

However, making it a sequel wouldn’t just get new players just like the first option, but also get players who didn’t like it to try it. But… The old players might not know about it. And you would be starting from scratch with the players, advertising, game statistics, etc.

I’m not sure which one’s better. I’m a lazy person so I would chose option one but you do whatever you think is best.

1 Like

You should change the name if it’s going to be a new experience. The racing track isn’t exciting enough, I made a more action packed race game in bloxburg before :grimacing: so mind adding a few ramps and jumps for example in the Dino map