Should I add a raiding feature to my game Castle Tycoon? (Poll)

Hello all,

I’m nearing completion (:crossed_fingers:) on my first game project, Castle Tycoon. The game is pretty much a classic tycoon done with better graphics and a few new features.

Screenshots

One of the features I’ve been wanting to add is a raiding system, but I’m torn. Originally, the plan was to have raiders spawn and try to break into your castle. You would be able to defend your base with a variety of buyable weapons. Now I’m wondering if I should just stick with the way most tycoons operate, where you’re constantly fighting with neighboring bases.

What do you guys think? I would really appreciate your help!

Should I add raiders?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Add both raiders and allow players to fight with each other.

0 voters

While this would be a really cool feature, I think you should stick with players fighting for now. It is easier to implement for you. This is your first game. I highly recommend you keep it simple at first and expand upon it later! Good luck with your game.

1 Like

Thanks for your opinion! I would rather stick with what would be better for the game than with what would be easier to make. I’m pretty confident in my ability to make a working AI system :-), but I will definitely take your advice into consideration.

1 Like

My point was not a comment on your ability/competence, but just a suggestion to see how the game does first. Your players will be able to tell you what they want much better than we can on the forum.

1 Like

Okay, I see now. Thanks for helping!

1 Like

Thats a very interesting topic, welp at my point of view, since it is a Castle Tycoon/Farming/Simulator, it would be cool if you add some difficulties for players to play, adding challenges, allowing players to think and react. As your example, adding raiders to the game indeed is a good idea, but if thats added, I would recommend adding destruction powers such that player’s castle will fall apart etc. Anyways, its a good idea.

Okay everyone,

I really appreciate your feedback and opinions! Feel free to continue voting. I’ve decided to release the game as it is, and if I want to add a raiding system later, I will.

2 Likes