Should I add people to this scene?

Hi ! I am working on a liminal space game and one of the mechanics will be this ISpy inspired area with a forced perspective

(Not complete yet)

I am wondering if adding people will take away from the liminality of it, or will it add to the ISpy aspect more enjoyable?
I do not want to spend hours posing characters if it will take away from the concept

The people will be:

• Sleeping on the bench
  • playing chess inside
  • messing with the car
  • walking across the street
  • ect

Maybe I should make a type of character that is more lifeless than the regular Roblox avatar? maybe more human?
Please let me know what you think ! Also if you have any suggestions for the location let me know that too !

P.S although it looks like it, I do not use free models, the inconsistency is both intentional and comes from using old and new models I have created lol

10 Likes

Yes, you should! Also make some animations for them! Without the people, it looks like an empty place(I know it should be but guess you got it. Placing some people on there can remind the player of your childhood or something like that…) BACKROOMS?… Good luck!

You planning about changing the lighting though? (Also the models is cool ngl)

6 Likes

Yes, adding people to the scene would make it look better and more detailed.

5 Likes

Yeah, adding people would pretty much give it the ambience of a town.

You can try to dim the lighting such that the Player can barely make out the appearance of the characters. Would give a more mysterious feel here.

4 Likes

Heres what I came up with ! They are all slightly animated, breathing.

Had them all look at the camera to potentially unnerve the player when first entering the scene, I will hide more things later, make it more detailed and such. Thanks for your feedbacks !

I will tinker with lighting soon

3 Likes

Yes!! I loved it, it just looks like your childhood or something else, good job! Try decreasing the quantity of people there though(just if you want!)

2 Likes