Should I add sprinting to my game?

I’m making a game with basically the same concept as Satisfactory but with some twists.
One thing I noticed when playing Satisfactory is that you almost never need to walk. Especially if you don’t have blade runners on. Even with them there’s no point to run unless you’re going to shoot something, but if you are you’re probably just going to fly with a jetpack (If you have it of course).

On the other hand, you have games like DOOM Eternal where you just passively move quick.
This obviously seems to fit the game more because of the dashing, but walking in that game is even more useless (If it existed).

So should I even bother about walking?
But also if there isn’t sprinting, should the speed be a mix of walking/sprinting?
Kinda like L4D2 or basically every Source game where you move in a jogging speed.

1 Like

Maybe try doing a system where the player starts off slow, but then moves at max speed when your moving or in other words, accelerate the player.

But sprinting would make the game a bit more realistic if your aiming towards it, either way, sprinting is useful to add.

2 Likes